•Chapter 6•

Shravan's POV:
She was shivering and mumbling incomprehensible phrases. It didn't took me enough time to realise that she was having a nightmare.

Upon asking her what it was about I could clearly see the hesitation in her voice. My gaze grow more anxious and worried. Was it because of me? I was very sure that she has seen that scoundrel trying to harm her as should be screaming her lungs out when I heard his name.

Why didn't she tell me? Who am I kidding I shouldn't even expect her staying right beside me the way she is now if I throw light upon my actions in the past. That is the exact reason why I am very insecure and I think that she will run away from me at the first chance she gets.

I can not lose her at any cost. Not because of my stupidity. I will make sure she gets the love that she deserves. I will make sure that I make up for all my mistakes. I will make sure that that Aditya will pay for his mistakes for every tear that Suman had to cry because of him.

After making the promise to myself I glanced over to her face, you seem to be in a dilemma whether to tell her feelings to me or not. With supporting squeeze to her hand I encouraged her to go on.

"I-i it.. I d-dont.."
"Shushh! It's fine it's okayy calm down take your time." She was broken I could see it in her eyes. As much as I hate the fact and wanted to completely deny it I could see fear in those beautiful brown orbs.

I  embraced her giving other much needed support to continue. I knew she wasn't ready to share all her pain and agony with me,however, I couldn't see how this vulnerable she was one of the most strong women I had ever seen in my life.

Soon my reverie was broken when a whimper escaped her mouth. And she began," He tried to hurt me, he was so close hovering over my head and you were right there but you didn't do anything.

I kept screaming and shouting but you faded away and were were getting distant with every single scream and then he..." I told her to stop. I couldn't hear it. It only made me realise how close I was to losing her but also how foolish my actions were back then.

" Koi baat nahi, main hoon na. Kuch Nahi hone dunga main tumhe. Yahi hoon Main hamesha. Woh Kabhi Nahin aaega wapas. Tumhen mujhpe bharosa hai na?" She nodded slightly.

"To fir! Chalo abb yeh saari baten chhodo. Sone chalte hai."
"Hmmmm" she replied. "Ek minute" immediately I missed her warmth. She  sneakily went upto her cupboard taking something in a hand and moving up to the washroom.

Sceptical I got up from the bed and followed her, only for me to find out, she was having some kind of pills. Before swallow them, I took hold of her hand and the pills dropped down to the floor. Swiftly catching hold of the bottle in her hand which was the container of the pills, with the advent of my tall figure she couldn't reach upto my level.

When I read what the pills were for my eyes widened and I looked at her with shock gaze. It read "anti- depression and sleeping pills" a traitor slipped down my eye. Swallowing the lump in my throat I spoke, my voice rough and hoarse, all I could utter was one word

"WHY!"

"SHRAVAN!"

Rage filled in my veins little did I realise that I had broke the bottle into pieces...

While she bandaged my hand, tears escaped her eyes like a waterfall . The pregnant pause was broken by a stuttering sentence, " I just thought it would be better for me to take them at least I wouldn't be disturbing your sleep again in the middle of the night." Exasperated sigh left my mouth.