•Chapter 4•

I decided to make my way to the office and planned to talk to Suman at the same time. She won't prefer creating a scene in front of the staff hence leaving no option for her but to listen to me. Call me selfish but I really need to talk to her.

Desperately.

I reached there within 10 mins rushing to the entrance of PCT. However I didn't find her car parked over there. When I asked her assistant Preeta, what she said left me speechless

"Arey Shravan jii! Aap yahaa, achhaa Sumo ko dhhoondne Aaye hongee! Kyun biwi ke begair raha nahi gaya aapse thodi derr?"

"Khair chhodiye Sumo ne toh hum sab se kal hi keh diya tha wohh kal se, Mera matlab aaj se PCT nahi aayegi"

"Abhi 20 minute pehle call bhi ayaa tha uska kehh rahi thi saara kaam dhang se Karna dhyaan rakhna aur pata nahi kyaa kyaa"

I thanked her,asking for a favour. If Suman has contacted Preeta I can easily get to know her location, I borrowed her phone for sometime to which she agreed. After tracking the number, just when the results were going to pop up I recieved a call from Papa's end.

"Ji Papa, boliye kya baat hai?"

"Shravan, tum Malhotra Associates pahoch sakte ho? I am back from Chandigarh and wanted to have a word with you..."

"Sure Papa I'll be there in five minutes"
Papa ko baat karni hai woh bhi mujhse? Aisi kya baat hogi that unhone itne urgently call kar liya? Not wasting any time I moved towards the office waiting for the much awaited conversation.

Ramnath's POV:
I need to tell Shravan the truth. If I don't do so, he will dig his own grave. I can't see him going down like this everyday. The way he can't concentrate on any of his work and comes home only to drink and then eventually pass out.

I have realised that, he needs to know about the dark truths of his life in order to move on and plan for a better future. Of course it won't be a healthy discussion.

He may or may not accept me as a father henceforth but I need to do this. I just hope it isn't too late. He needs Nirmala and Suman in his life.

I visited Nirmala, personally to apologize for my deeds and pleaded for one meeting with both of us. She is right besides me murmuring  comforting words. I just hope Shravan takes this in a good way.

Suman's POV:
I lied, I know it wasn't one of the best things to do but I couldn't let him know. Right now I was at the medical shop buying some necessities, a wave of dizziness crossed over me however I decided to ignore it it has been happening a lot more frequently maybe because of the lack of sleep and food.

I don't even remember the last time I had eaten or slept for that matter. The only thing I now know is that I have to leave Malhotra Mansion as soon as possible.

Ramnath uncle as it is isn't too fond of me. Moreover, it just pains everytime I come face to face with Shravan. Even the idea of him being behind the actions of Aditya that day makes me nauseous.

Once Mamaji Mamaji and Nanu move to London. I will too move on with my life and shift to Bombay. Maybe this is the right decision, maybe Ramnath uncle was right, maybe main aur Shravan kabhi ek Duje Ke Vaaste bane hi nahi they. Maybe. I was quick enough to wipe out a tear or two that fell out of my eye. Going to my next destination. Mera ghar.

Shravan's POV:
When entered Papa's cabin, I was met with the most shocking sight. The woman I never ever want to see again. My mom . Nirmala Ahuja. She was right there in front of my eyes consoling my dad whispering sweet nothings and giving him water to cool him down.

How I wish this could have happened 10 years ago. The same sight the same words could have stopped my family from getting ruined. We could have been as normal as the others were. No fights, no taunts just the three of us. Unknowingly a smile took over my face. Which I was quick enough to mask with a hard expression.

"PAPA! WHAT IS THIS WOMAN DOING HERE?!"

"Shravan, wait just calm down I wanted to talk to you about the same thing... Come in let's discuss this for once and for all."
Confusion took over my brain. What did he have to talk about? Were they reconciling?!

No way! I know how much hatred Papa holds against this woman . But then why isn't it evident now? Why is he nervous??

"I know Shravan there are many thoughts and questions that you have and I will answer all of them today, maybe you will start to hate me after this day. I am sure you will. But this is needed for your betterment. When Nirmala started working, it was mainly because I had no work and we needed some kind of income. Once I started my law firm and when Tiwari ji handed over my first case I was beyond happy. I couldn't comprehend the need of Nirmala working anymore. To be frank I was being really orthodox and mysoginist. And one day, when you were in school today couldn't control my anger and raised my hand on her. She decided to leave me taking you along with her. I just didn't want to lose you so I threatened her that I'll fight for your custody. She being sane and calm realised that this would spoil your whole childhood and she didn't want that being a responsible parent. I thought I had won my battle. However when 10 years later Suman tried to reconcile you both, I got shit scared Shravan! I didn't know what to do . All I could think of was ways to separate you from her. So I knowingly took Berry's case. I knew it would break her. I stooped so low that I gave her a blank cheque in return of asking her to stay away from you and not meet you at the coffee shop. And when Nirmala came up with the idea of marrying Aditya to Suman I thought of this as an opportunity for me to have you all to myself. I-

SLAP!

"HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO HER!"
"You knew all the way to long about my feelings for her yet how could you! On top of that you had the nerve to blackmail her!" "Why Papa!"

I had started crying hysterically. My Sumo! She had to go through so much on top of that whatever I had done it just added up to all the misery!

That's when I realised I didn't check her location! My eyebrows scrunched in a puzzle what was she doing there? Her parent's house. She only goes there either when she is extremely happy or extremely sad.

Given to the current situation happiness is long forgotten. I vowed to have a talk with her tonight. It was going to be a long night indeed!

_____________________________________________
And that's it for today! ❤️

Please do vote and comment ✌🏻