laps | 04

⌜                                               ⌝

spiked - chapter four

⌞                                               ⌟

𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐙𝐀𝐖𝐀'𝐒 𝐕𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐘𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐌 was practicing long and hard, their sweat collecting on the ground as they pushed through their limits.

"Nice serve!" 

Due to their focus, they failed to notice the [h/c] male make his way towards the bench, dressed in his own sports gear as he started actively chatting with the coach.

"Coach you should've seen me on the field today! I was on top of my A-game you know!"

When the volleyball team finally took their well-deserved break, they look in surprise at the male handing out water bottles.

"[n/n]-kun!" Satori yelled out, taking the water bottle that was in his hand and chugging it.

"Tendou-senpai it isn't good to down it so fast, I mean unless you wanna down something else-"

[y/n]'s face was full of water by then, the redhead spitting out any water that was in his mouth at the time as he turned as red as his hair.

"[l/n]-san it's not good to joke around like that." Ushijima scolded, taking a water bottle from his other hand.

"Ushijima-senpai! It's okay, I only want to choke on your-" Before [y/n] could proudly exclaim his bold statement, Semi shut him up by placing his hand over the younger male's mouth.

"Don't mind him Ushijima..." Semi dragged the crushing male farther away from the unsuspecting captain, smacking the back of [y/n]'s head as he wondered why he had such a perverted kouhai.

"Semi-senpai, if you wanna smack my head at least do it to the one in the lower region."

Silence ensued between the two, one fuming and the other smiling as if he said nothing wrong.

"Three seconds."

"Huh?"

"Two..."

"Eek!" Realizing the meaning behind his senpai's words, he rushed and hid behind Satori who laughed at the situation.

"Tendou-senpai save me, I'm too cute to die!"

The two were chased around the gym, [y/n] getting caught by the back of his shirt when the gym doors opened once more.

"Is [f/n] here?"

In the entrance stood a tall muscular male who could easily rival Ushijima in terms of looks and athletics. His stone-cold voice made those who didn't know him avoid his gaze. Before anyone could answer, the stranger had already found the person he was looking for.

"Ryouta-senpai, I can explain!"[y/n] exclaimed, his collar free from Semi as he walked over to the tanned male.

"Oh? So what are you doing with volleyball team hm?"

[y/n] only chuckled nervously as he twiddled with his fingers, his figure small compared to the towering male.

"Ah I just wanted to visit you know haha..."[y/n] looked up at his captain who glared at him in return.

"20 laps up and down the field, now."

"Eh?! But I wanted to go home with Ushijima-senpai!" [y/n] pouted, unknowingly increasing Ryouta's anger.

"Do you wanna make it 30?"

"No no I'll go," 

[y/n] bowed to the team, sending a wink to Ushijima who remained emotionless at the gesture and left the building, "I'll walk with you tomorrow Sexyjima-senpai!"

Ryouta sighed in the palm of his hand, wondering what he was gonna do with the first-year. As the third-year raised his head, his cold yellow eyes landed on the volleyball team's ace. A tsk made it's way out of his mouth as he turned around and exited the gym. 

"So that's the captain [y/n]-san is always talking about?"

"Huh? You know about him coach?"

Washijou merely nodded as Semi spoke, "He must be close to [y/n]-san then, he called him by his first name without any honorifics."

"Ah you guys don't know do you?"

The volleyball team turned to Satori expectantly.

"What do you mean?" Surprisingly, Ushijima was the one to ask.

Tendou rocked back and forth in his position, wondering if it was okay to say the information but realized it was common knowledge.

"Ryouta Yamamoto was [y/n]-kun's first boyfriend."