red chrysanthemum | 30

⌜                                                            ⌝

spiked - chapter thirty

⌞                                                            ⌟

A few days had passed since Nationals and [y/n] found practice boring after the absence of their captain. However, practice was no longer every day and lessened considerably, and [y/n] found himself on a little outing with Ushijima on a weekend.

His face flushed once he realized the two were just going to be alone, 'Would this be a date? Ah no, what am I-'

"[y/n] sorry, did you wait long?"

The soccer player looked up and was momentarily shocked at the sight he was seeing. In his full glory was Ushijima wearing a fitted black tee with tan colored pants, his hair was down and natural and he had a small smile on his face.

Ignoring the butterflies in his stomach, [y/n] went up and met the male halfway.

"No, I just got here a minute ago."

He nodded and patted [y/n]'s head, the sun beaming down on them as they smiled, "Let's go then."

The two walked side by side, enjoying the park's scenery. A strong gust of wind passed by, causing [y/n]'s white bucket hat to fly off.

"Oh!-" Just as he went to reach for it, another person had already caught the hat. Ushijima's eyes widened as he recognized the male, remembering him as the mysterious shopkeeper from the time they went to the mall.

His bland features seemed to twinkle with mischief as he handed [y/n] back his hat before smiling at the ace, "So we meet again~"

[y/n] tilted his head, "You know him Wakatoshi?"

Ushijima nodded, "He's the one who helped me pick out that stuffed animal and keychain for you."

A shocked expression appeared on [y/n]'s face, staring at the shopkeeper with dubious eyes, "How did you know about the... things, shopkeeper-san?"

He remained seemingly oblivious to the [h/c] haired male's words, "Hmm? I don't know what you mean~ Ah- come. Wait, not you."

[y/n] pointed at himself, "Me?"

Taking Ushijima by the wrist, the unknown male just nodded, "Yup! We'll be right back so just hang tight [y/n]~"

Before the soccer player could get a word out the two were already gone. Deciding to just wait, [y/n] sat on a nearby bench and fiddled around with his phone, 'How did he know my name?'

The two returned not much later with a blushing Ushijima and a grinning male. [y/n] stared as the volleyball captain held his hands behind his back, trying to hide whatever it was behind him.