flat | 07

⌜                                                  ⌝

spiked - chapter seven

⌞                                                  ⌟

[y/n] ran towards the stadium in his soccer clothes, 'Ehhh I hope the match isn't over yet...'

The male had just gotten out of soccer practice and called for the nearest cab, paying the driver extra if they would go faster. Although [y/n] wasn't able to go to the first match, he promised that he would attend the finals. 

As the [h/c] haired male reached the bleachers overhead, he immediately attracted the attention of Shiratorizawa's volleyball team who was currently taking a time out.

"[n/n]-kun have you come to watch me play?!" Tendou shouted, waving furiously at the first year. 

"Don't be stupid Tendou-senpai! I'm here for Ushijima-senpai!" 

And as if on cue, the ace turned his head and made eye contact with the crushing male.

"Ushijima-senpai! If you lose you have to let me ride it!" 

[y/n] showed no embarrassment in his words, and even though he didn't imply what he was riding, it would be natural link two to two together.

"[l/n]-kun stop saying such lewd words!" Goshiki blushed, after all the two had gotten fairly close since the ass incident and the first-year ace would always be listening to [y/n]'s fantasies.

"But-"

Seijoh's side could only stare in wonder of who the male was, especially a certain captain.

"Isn't that [f/n] [l/n]? The first-year soccer star?" Kindaichi said as he took a sip of his water bottle.

"Really? He's kind of cute..." Oikawa said, earning a hit to the head by this childhood friend.

"Don't be an idiot Trashykawa, it's obvious that the guy is after Ushiwaka."

True to his word, the soccer player was seen leaning over the rail, a bright smile on his seemingly innocent face that sprouted words that caused the powerhouse team to erupt in blushes. 

As if feeling their stares, [y/n] turned his head to look at the opposing team and blinked slowly. Soon his face turned red and he quickly looked away, his hand covering half of his face as he tried to calm himself down.

'Loyal [y/n]! Stay loyal to Ushijima-senpai!'

However, as the match continued his eyes always stayed on a certain player on Seijoh's team. Even though Shiratorizawa's plays were amazing, after seeing them for a while [y/n]'s excitement about it slowly went down, so Seijoh was completely fresh meat to him.

As the game came to an end, [y/n] quickly went down the steps and met up with his school's volleyball team.

"You guys were amazing! Especially you Ushijima-senpai~" [y/n] openly flirted, sending his signature wink to the sweaty ace, "I know something else you can smack if you know what I mean,"

Tendou burst into laughter beside his captain, "BAHAHA I love you [n/n]-kun!"

[y/n] held a grinning face as Goshiki and Semi sighed tiredly. 

As Tendou recovered he threw an arm around [y/n] who made a face due to his sweaty stature, "Hmm? But weren't you eyeing somebody on the other team?"

 The [h/c] haired male smacked Tendou's arm off his shoulder, his face once again becoming a familiar shade of pink.

"No! He just..."

"Just what?"

[y/n] looked away and didn't meet Ushijima's eyes, only to make eye contact with said person from the other team.

"Haha, oh look they're calling for me-"

[y/n] then rushed towards Seijoh's volleyball team with a semi-pink face. As he neared the team, they too stopped in their tracks, wondering what the male wanted with them.

'Eh? Don't tell me he's here for Oikawa-senpai...'

 "I just wanted to say that you guys did really well today! I'll be cheering you on next time!" [y/n] smiled, gaining confusion from them.

"Aren't you supposed to cheer for your team?"

[y/n] blinked slowly at the question before looking away thoughtfully, "Ah, but I liked your guys' play though."

"Oikawa-kun's serves were really... wait-" Just as [y/n] was about to compliment him, the [h/c] haired male had a moment of realization and gasped in shock, "You're the guy Ushijima-senpai wants to go to Shiratorizawa?!"

Immediately, Oikawa and Iwaizumi's faces grew ugly as their fingers twitched.

[y/n] stepped closer to Oikawa and pouted, "Ushijima-senpai likes tall... flat guys huh," The first year's comment made the team snicker behind their hands as Oikawa grew defensive.

"I am not flat, first of all-"

"Eh." [y/n] brushed off Oikawa and turned to Iwaizumi with a slight hue, "If possible... may I have your number Iwaizumi-san?!"

The first year bowed 90 degrees with his phone out, his eyes squeezed shut as he prepared for rejection but was pleasantly surprised when the weight in his hands were lifted, "Huh?"

Iwaizumi looked away blushing, "Alright..."

[y/n] beamed at his response and gave him a thumbs-up, "Thanks Iwaizumi-san! You'll be a great reference- ack!"

"Idiot what do you mean reference!"

The Shiratorizawa team sweatdropped as they looked at their prized soccer play get hit by Iwaizumi, probably from making a lewd comment. 

Sighing, they went over as Ushijima tugged [y/n] by his side, making his kouhai wonder if what he was experiencing was a fever dream. 

"Ne, Goshiki-kun. Ushijima-senpai definitely touched me just now right?"

The male didn't know what to say but just nodded slowly, afraid of his peer's reaction. [y/n] frowned for a quick second but got over it as he clung to his crush.

"Bleh, Ushijima-senpai who do you like better? That flat assed setter or me?" 

Ushijima didn't reply and made [y/n] pout to the side, "I'm just saying your hands can hold my luscious ass-"

"[y/n]-san why don't we have a little talk..." Semi said as he dragged the soccer player away and scolded him for his inappropriate comments.

As the Shiratorizawa volleyball team headed to leave, Ushijima turned to Oikawa, 

"I would pick [l/n]."

[y/n] soon joined them and waved bye to the opposing volleyball team, and ran up to the ace.

"Hm what were you telling Oikawa-senpai?"

Ushijima hid a smile as [y/n] blinked cutely at him.

"Nothing."