buried | 06

⌜                                                  ⌝

spiked - chapter six

⌞                                                  ⌟

"Doesn't Ushijima-senpai seem weird today?"

[y/n] sat on the soccer field's floor, surrounded by his teammates as they prepared for their after school practice.

One of his classmates, Arata Haku, looked up from tying his shoes with eyebrows raised, "Huh? You're the only one who'd pay attention."

"Haku-kun is right you know," The soccer manager, Mikoto Suzu, said as she walked by, her clipboard attached to her hips as she looked over the team, "After all it's widely known that you're chasing the indifferent ace."

"Eh? Really?" [y/n] tilted his head to the side cutely, "I thought only the volleyball team and you guys knew."

His teammates all shared a look with each other and let out a collective sigh.

Suzu frowned at the [h/c] haired male, "Impossible. Have you forgotten about Yamamoto-kun?"

This time, [y/n] looked up weirdly, "What does Ryouta-senpai have to do with it?"

Arata stared at his teammate dubiously, "You can't be serious right?"

[y/n] could only look at him with a questioning face.

"Yamamoto-senpai is popular isn't he? Yet there isn't one person who'd dare to confess to him."

[y/n] still couldn't understand, "What does that have to do with Ushijima-senpai?"

Before Arata could reply, Suzu told the team to get up and head to their normal warm-ups as their captain now stepped on the field.

As they started jogging, Arata looked back at [y/n] who was still trying to figure out what he had just been told,"I don't usually gossip but, captain only has eyes for one person. That much is obvious. So obviously his fans are gonna keep tabs on the person that their idol likes."

˚

Compared to the semi-joyful atmosphere on the field, the volleyball team could not say the same as loud sounds of volleyball being spiked to the floor were endless.

The first years shivered in their positions as their captain released hell on the poor volleyballs. The balls were being smacked so hard that they'd fly upwards and hit the roof before finally coming down at twice the speed.