rain | 18

please watch and read the lyrics < 3

⌜                                                                   ⌝

spiked - chapter eighteen

⌞                                                                   ⌟

His feet moved up and down repeatedly as he laid on his stomach, his phone propped up against his pillow as a frown was seen on his lips.

"I don't want to talk about it Ryouta."

[y/n]'s words held an annoyed tone as the male on the other side of the screen smacked his face in agony.

His yellow eyes drew attention from the rest of his black and white themed room with hints of red, "Well I do. You're gonna get hurt by him, I know it."

The first year scoffed into his cute cow plushie, "As if you're any better."

"[y/n]."

The male sighed into the air, "I just don't like you talking bad about Wakatoshi. Like what harm has he ever done so far?"

Ryouta pursed his lips together as he looked down, his silence giving [y/n] the answer that he needed.

"Exactly. So stop whining alright? Even if Ushijima doesn't realize... that's fine with me."

Although he said it so casually, Ryouta could easily tell that the male was lying to himself. His worries doubled as he knew that [y/n] would rather push himself and say he's fine than be open and receive help from others.

The tanned male stared at his phone in distaste, noticing the tiniest of gloss over the [e/c] eyes he absolutely adored.

A silence settled afterwards as Ryouta took a deep breath, his face suddenly tired.

"I don't want to see you hurt again [y/n]," His voice was soft and vulnerable, causing the other male to look up in surprise, "And I- I know that it's not my place to say that."

[y/n]'s heart squeezed in pain when he noticed the tears falling from Ryouta's face. He wanted so desperately to reach through the screen and tell him that it was okay, that he forgave him already.

Hurt yellow eyes that once shined like the sun looked directly into the phone's camera.

"Can I... just talk for a while. You don't need to say anything."

Ryouta hands were placed in front of him as he played around with the rings on them. A sad, fond, smile on his face as he fiddled with a certain plain black ring.

"I was enamored with you, from the first time I saw you. I loved the way you smiled, how your eyes twinkled whenever you laughed, or how your nose scrunched up whenever someone would say anything you disagreed with."

He laughed slightly, his eyes glossed over with a fondness [y/n] had never seen.

Or maybe he just didn't see it before.

"The day I realized I was in love with you remains so vividly in my mind. It was raining, yet like a fool you were dancing with such a bright smile on your face. You didn't mind how your clothes were getting wet, or how the hair stuck to your face in an awkward manner. You were just having fun. But then... you reached your hand out to me."

"Huh? What are you doing? Come on! It's fun!" [y/n] extended his arm out to the tanned male under the shelter, free of any rain drops. His cheeks and nose were slightly pink, and his [h/c] haired stuck to his face yet he didn't seem to care at all, "A little water won't hurt!"

Ryouta stared at the hand before looking back at it's owner. [y/n] just smiled even more, his eyes twinkling as the high-schooler saw his reflection in the [e/c] orbs.

"And like a fool, I accepted it."

His large hands met the wet, small, ones of [y/n] who's expression lit up. The smaller male tugged him towards him as he tumbled forward, not noticing how close they were.

Under the rain, [y/n] looked up at Ryouta, his feet on their toes as he reached up to move the dripping wet hair in front of the taller male's face.

"Much better~"

"Afterwards, I just fell harder." Despite the tears that fell down from his face, Ryouta seemed like he was glowing with happiness.

[y/n] tugged at the end of his shirt, "Why are you telling me this now?"

"Because this is my closure."

'Huh?'

"Ushijima is a good guy."

Words were stuck in [y/n]'s throat as he blinked rapidly, "You- you approve?"

Ryouta frowned yet his eyes had a hint of playfulness, "As if. The damn guy can't even realize his feelings for you how is he gonna stand up to his mom like that?"

Without realizing, [y/n] started laughing as tears pooled in the corner of his eyes.

"Is that what you were talking to him about the other day?" [y/n] wiped away the small tears and smiled, "No wonder he looked so tense."

The third-year scoffed, "Yeah and I threatened I'd steal you too if he doesn't man up soon."

"We both know I wouldn't let that happen," [y/n] said as his eyes twinkled, his face now leaned against his hand.

Ryouta just smirked, "But he doesn't."

"Ahh, how cruel."

"If it works it works."

The two continued talking for the rest of the night until [y/n] released a tiny yawn.

"You should go to sleep now,"

[y/n] nodded his head sleepily, his hand sluggishly waving bye as his eyelids drooped.

"Mhm okay, goodnight Ryouta."

The tanned male smiled, kissing his camera as he waved goodbye, "Goodnight [y/n]."

When the call ended, Ryouta found himself staring at the black ring once again. He gently rubbed his thumb over it, remembering how the ring was given to him as an anniversary gift.

He slowly took it off his index finger, his suppressed emotions coming out once again as tears trailed down his cheeks

Ryouta brought the ring to his lips, closing his eyes as he felt the hot tears dripping down. 

''Instead of you, who should I give this love to?'

He went to sleep that night, the black ring place in front of a photograph of [y/n] and him with blissful smiles.