wait | 27

⌜                                                         ⌝

⌜ ⌝

spiked - chapter twenty seven

⌞ ⌟

Life pretty much resumed as normal as it could for the three involved. Of course [y/n] was still getting death threats, but this time he had someone by his side who helped him through it.

Ushijima sat in the cafeteria with Tendou, alongside Semi and Ohira who sat at their table. The subject they were talking about was suddenly changed to a certain first year soccer player.

"Huh? Ushijima already knows he likes [y/n]?" Semi inquired, a disbelief expression on his face as he ate his food.

Tendou just nodded slapping Ushijima's back who lunched forward at the action, "Yup! I told him cause he was being so slow~ [n/n]-kun is gonna die before he asks him!"

Ohira facepalmed, "Isn't the whole point is so that Ushiwaka realizes by himself..."

The redhead just grinned, his palm in his hand as he wiggled his eyebrows, "Maybe~ But that Yamamoto guy was seriously gonna take [y/n] again! I gotta do what I need to do so my ship sails."

The middle blocker bumped fists with Semi across the table, the two heavily invested in the relationship.

"Not yet."

Everyone at the table blinked slowly, not understanding what the ace meant.

"I have a feeling it's not the time yet."

A silence ensued afterwards and Tendou broke out into laughter.

˚

Ushijima and [y/n] were at the latter's house after their weekend practices , laying on the ground in each other's arms as they stared at the TV [y/n] had in his room.

"Are you sure your dad is okay with this?" The ace asked, looking down at the male in his arms, the light from the screen lighting up his face.

[y/n] looked up at his crush, a smile on his face, "Yup, he had work until 10 so we have a bunch of time."

The taller male just hummed in agreement, resting his head on [y/n]'s and snuggling into the male's warmth.

The soccer player had just explained the deal Ryouta had made with his mother, and Ushijima found himself slightly relieved as one of the biggest obstacles had been cleared.

He thought about the tanned male, his opinion of him changed since the last time he had met him. Even if it wasn't his place to say, he thought what the male did made up for his behavior in the past.

Ushijima felt his chest vibrate and looked down to see [y/n] laughing cutely, making him smile a little bit.

"What's so funny?"

The soccer player reached up and smoothed out the wrinkles on Ushijima's forehead, "You look so concentrated, why?"

Involuntarily, Ushijima leaned into his touch, finding it comforting, "Just thinking."

A hum escaped from [y/n]'s throat as he brush the hair in front of Ushijima's face, enamored with the ace's features. His finger traced the captain's most prominent features, his light touch sending tickles to the male.

Comfortable silence followed after, the two enjoying each other's embrace without any thoughts troubling them. Their scents wrapped around each other comfortingly, as if it was a second skin.

Ushijima placed his head in the crook of [y/n]'s neck, smelling the male's naturally sweet scent.

"[y/n]..."

His hot breath tickled [y/n]'s skin as the male hummed in acknowledgement, "Yes?"

"Wait for me a little bit more."

[y/n]'s eyes widened in shock as he turned around in Ushijima's arms, his legs now straddling the male as an excited look took over. He grabbed the ace's face and looked deep into his eyes, searching for any sign of lies.

"You mean it? You really mean it?!"

A chuckle left Ushijima's mouth as he stared into the glittering eyes of [y/n]. His face practically glowing as happiness radiated off of him.

"Of course," Ushijima leaned down and place a soft kiss on the male's cheek, "Until I know I can protect you for sure, wait for me."

Tears of happiness pricked at the corners of [y/n]'s eyes as he cried softly, "Okay okay. I'll wait for you.

˚

When Ushijima went home that night in a better mood than before, he wondered why his father was standing in front of their home.

"Dad?"

Utsui turned around with a big grin on his face, waving at his son who just returned home.

"Wakatoshi, you're finally here."

The male nodded confusedly, "Yeah, I was at [y/n]'s house."

"That's nice, but let's go somewhere real quick. I have a feeling we'd have some eavesdroppers on our conversation."

A laughed escaped the father and son duo as they walked down to a 24-hour cafe down the streets. The dad creating small talk by asking seemingly harmless questions.

As they got seated down, Utsui regained a serious face.

"Is she bothering you too much? I know how stubborn she can be." After all it was one of the reasons the man had divorced her years back and moved out of the country.

Ushijima sipped his coffee, his head tilting to the side as he thought of the text messages [y/n] still receives.

"She's been sending death threats to [y/n]... but fortunately her biggest backer is gone now so she can't do anything that'd endanger him too much." Utsui nodded, rubbing his hands together as he thought of a general idea of who it could be.

"The head of H group right?" Ushijima nodded, slightly surprised, "Your mother introduced me to her, her yellow eyes were unnerving to say the least."

The volleyball captain understood where he was coming from, those cold eyes seemed to stare you down until you broke.

A sigh escaped his father's lips as he looked out the window, "She wouldn't do anything now that she's gone, but who knows. She might be impulsive and attack [y/n], so stay near him at all times alright?"

Ushijima nodded, already planing on doing so. The two finished with their coffee and walked back home.

"Stay safe Wakatoshi. Give me a call if something happens, I'll be around for another week or so."

The ace nodded and watched as his father drove away and turned around to enter his house, a seething mother on the other end.