approval | special II

before we start, i want to say thank you to everyone who has read this book and supported me. i know i don't do a/n's, except for my 10k post, but i truly want to thank you guys once again.

thank you so much for 100k reads.

i love you guys.

⌜                                                              ⌝

spiked - special #2

⌞                                                              ⌟

The ride home was silent. The continuous tapping of Ryouta's mother echoed through the car, purposefully causing tension within the two family members.

Ryouta stared out the window, the stars twinkling in happiness as his heart felt full. Inside, he knew, he just knew.

He had fallen for the grey-haired setter.

His yellow eyes stared back at him through the reflection from the window, the eyes he so hated was so loved by someone would have never met if it wasn't for the fateful encounter. 

All of his life, he had been scorned by others for having freakishly yellow eyes. Some were scared of him, others just avoided him, and people found it weird. The only people that truly liked his eyes were [y/n] and Sugawara.

He quickly snapped out of his thoughts once he realized they had driven into their driveway, his mother still clutching the wheel as a deep sigh came of out her.

"Ryouta honey..."

The soccer player thought back to his relationship with [y/n], and how she ruined it before they could even fully enjoy it. He had grown to loathe his mother, but even more so his own self for being so weak back then.

But not this time.

"Mother."

She knew she was in the wrong. She hated the down ridden expression her son had coming back from the farewell party, even if he hid it behind cold walls. He was her son, she knew him like the back of her hand. 

So obviously, she knew where he stood. She knew that none of her words were going to change him or his thoughts, she was fully prepared to understand that.

"I know." She had seen the way his eyes lit up around that grey-haired male. She had taken that away from him once, she didn't want to do it again, "Invite [y/n] over in the next few days."