careful

"Y/N." Your friend called you while you were putting your water bottle into your bag. "I'm going back to my house to eat, will you stay here or come with?" It was hot but windy, these cops were intimidating people, some holding their guns and some holding batons.

"It's fine. It's only 4 PM, I'll stay." Your friend nodded at you and waved goodbye, shouting 'stay safe'. You knew enough that if you were to get hurt, the people around you would help.

You were walking with the crowd while shouting, "Peaceful protest!" over and over again. The crowd was being escorted by the police even if there weren't any chaos. What they'd done all these years disgusted you, this was too much.

"RIOT."

It sounded so near you, you looked to your right and see a white boy hammering on the curb, trying to get bricks out. All of a sudden, they crowded over him while a cop and a bunch of guys tackled him. These guys were the ones trying to make peaceful protests seem chaotic.

Dipshit. You thought, getting pushed to the side where the cops gathered, you were forced by the crowd so hard that you bumped into a cop. "Sorry." You breathed out, trying to get up.

But this tall armored man covered from head to toe stood in front of you, he handed his gloved hand to help you up. "Are you alright?" He asked under his mask, lifting you up easily. Without even answering, you see him step in front of the cops, "The fuck did you do to this girl?"

Okay, that was hot

You reached out to touch his arm, trying to pull him away, in fear that they'll take him away, too. But the way he stood, he towered over them. Pointing at each one of their faces, having to bend down to face them. Fuck, he's like 7ft tall.

"I- I'm okay." He backed away when you pulled him. It seemed that no matter how mad he was, he was still gentle with taking a step back, trying not to bump into you.

"Are you sure?" He turned to you, his behavior, stature, and confronting nature made you extremely attracted to him. You had to look up at him to face him, "Are you sure you're alright?" He asked once more, making you snap out of the trance he put you on. You nodded.

He looked at you, and then back at the cops. "I'll be back for all of you." He pointed at each and every one of the officers, mentioning their last names. You bit your lip. He turned around to look at you. "Let's walk." He said, his large hand at your back as if he was escorting you.

"I'm Y/N." You introduce yourself, looking at him as you walked. What seemed like two steps to you was one for him. "I'm assuming you won't reveal who you are."

"Yes, Y/N. I'm afraid I can't tell you that," he chuckled, lowering himself to your ear. "Yet."

You tensed as he snaked his arm around your shoulder.

"Are you scared?" He asked, maybe he felt that you tensed or maybe he saw right through you. Was it obvious that you were attracted to him? You slowly shook your head.

"Good girl." He said, you could tell he smiled under his mask. His voice had you biting on your lip. But before you knew it, he took the sign from your hand and raised it higher than you could've, reminding you why you're here. "Call me Tank, okay?"

7PM

"They're starting to shoot!" The shouts were horrific. What was once peaceful was now chaotic. The police had put barricades to stop people from moving forward. And although no one was causing harm, the officers started throwing tear gas.

Luckily, others were using traffic cones to diffuse the tear gas.

But you didn't escape the fact that they were shooting.

You could see the gas being thrown back by Tank. His whole body framed by the gas around him as he shouted at the officers, raising the sign you'd made. You were going to run to others to help the wounded but

pain.

You got shot at the leg and arm. You fell to your side, tears brimmed your eyes, your nails digging to your palm as you tried not to wince too loud. You clutched your leg and arm, feeling the throbbing pain.

Tank ran towards you, "Shit." He panicked for a moment. "Alright, come here." He tried to lift you up but tear gas was thrown at where you were.

Before you could see what was going to happen, you see him throwing the gas back at them.

You feel him lifting you up.

You pass out.

—————

an: I HOPE YOU LIKE IT??