betrayal

5 AM

"What the fuck is this?" A man's angry, loud voice echoed in Riot's room, making you untangle from Riot's arms. "Really?" He asked in disbelief.

You rubbed both your eyes, looking at the direction of the door. Riot sat up, facing Tank, his voice was hoarse and sleepy as he said, "Tank, it's not what—"

"No, it is what it is." You could hear the tiredness and anger in Tank's voice as he cut Riot off. "I go fucking hide for hours to keep us safe, and this is what I get?"

You felt angry that Tank was behaving this way, besides that fact that you were abruptly woken up, his loud voice pissed you off. He didn't have to yell at the both of you, so you sat up as well, both of your hands covering your face in frustration. "Can you stop?" You asked. Both of the guys turning their heads to you. "We didn't do anything you're thinking of."

Tank scoffed irritatedly, still doubting, he walked out the door and slammed it close. For a solid amount of time, you just sat there, not knowing what to do next. It felt like forever to try and decide what to do, whether to just leave or stay with Riot or talk to Tank.

"Ugh." You groaned. Not wanting to have any tension between all of you, "Should I talk to him?" You asked Riot, standing up to straighten your shirt and pocket your phone.

Riot shrugged, "He'll get over it. But—" He was also drowsy, "It might help."

You thanked him, his advice wasn't the only reason you wanted to do so. Hell, you wanted to thank him for being so caring and honest to you. But you walked out to get to Tank. You were so perplexed about how this is happening right now, you'd only met these guys the other day, the three of you were just getting followed yesterday, and now this. The events of the previous days were starting to catch up to you, get to you, and take its toll on you.

You stopped in front of his room, trying to clear your mind just so you could mediate between all of this. You took a deep breath in and out, entering his room. "Hey, Tank?" You said calmly, seeing that he wasn't on his bed, and the shower was on in the bathroom. You closed the bedroom door behind you, sitting beside the bathroom door. "Can we talk?" He didn't answer the first time, so you gave him a moment and asked again.

"What?" He snapped.

"I'm sorry I hurt you." You didn't know whether to talk more or just be there for him. He was too reserved for you to know whichever would make him feel better. So you sat there, listening to the shower trickle on the bathroom floor. 

"I was out for eight hours." He said coldly, the shower stopped, and you could hear him shuffling. "What the fuck happens in eight hours—" He opens the bathroom door, "That leads you to his bed?" He asked bitterly, looking down at you. 

You didn't want to answer him and add more fuel to the fire. Instead, you stood up to tell him, "I didn't—"

He threw his head back in frustration, he looked like he was going to punch the wall behind you. "You were fucking cuddling." His voice became quiet. "Do you know how much that shit hurt?" He looked at you with his eyebrows furrowed, lips pursed, and for a moment, you could read right through him.

"I'm sorry." You sighed as you were quietly feeling guilty, and ultimately just choosing to just listen to him.

"I didn't wake you up yesterday," he turned around. "Because we were cuddling."

You were taken aback by his words, a seven-foot-tall man was hurt because you were cuddling with someone else.

"And I hated that before."

He softened, sitting down on the edge of his bed. You could see how tired he looked because of his droopy eyelids and pale lips, and how often he blinked. He took his towel and buried his face in it, groaning. "This sounds so stupid." He said against the towel. "I'm sorry." He mumbled.

You walked over to him, throwing your arms around his neck to hug him.

You stood there for what felt like five minutes, hugging him, his forehead just laying on your shoulder.

"I'm really sorry." He hesitantly hugged you back. "I'm so tired, and I feel so out of control."

"You're in control now." You said, making him chuckle half-heartedly.

"I just feel betrayed."

"Betrayed?"

"Because you looked like you felt more comfortable with him compared to when you were with me."

————

an:

WELCOME TO THE ROLLERCOASTER,, TELL ME WHAT U THINK