missing

You snaked your arms around his neck, letting him wrap his around your waist. He buried his face on the crook of your neck, laying on top of you. It was far more than nice being in his arms, it was as if you didn't have to worry about anything right now.

You only hoped he felt the same.

"Stay for a while, Y/N." He whispered softly, you couldn't help but feel for him. You could see how starved he was from physical affection and it made you just want to kiss his face. But both of you stayed quiet for quite some time, savoring the moment, the comfort of being in someone's arms was pleasant.

"You seem like you haven't hugged anyone for so long." You whispered, aimlessly breaking the silence because you felt like you could say anything to him as he just let himself be there with you.

He was reluctant to answer, but it seemed like he'd decided it'd be better if you knew even a little about them. "We do our best not to build deep relationships with other people wherever we go." You could feel his breath on your neck, his voice trailing and sounding a little hoarse. "I do my best. Tank tries."

It made you laugh, "So that's why I'm here."

"I'm glad, though." He mumbled as if he was trying his best to say it without you hearing it. It made you smile and embrace him tighter.

You started to realize that it was Tank's turbulence that brought you here but it was Riot's subtle assertiveness that made you stay.

But it got you thinking, "Are you not allowed to have deep relationships with other people?"

Riot's arms untangled from your waist, his elbow propped beside your head, "There are a lot of people who do well with that along with being 'part'—" He paused to reach for your hair, so he could run his fingers through it.

"Just not us."

This confession made you feel sorry for the two guys because of the way he held you, you could feel this huge part of yearning. "Why?" You frowned, it seemed lonely for him to have to choose that.

"I—" He trailed, "I can't really explain it but, we're part of the people who mostly do work in the field."

"In the field?"

He chuckled at your curiosity, "The reason why we're used to moving and going around is that we are sent to a place to do something that we believe is what should be done. May it be physical or through the computer screen or both, we always have to be there." He explained, moving strands of your hair away from your face.

"So—" You wanted to ask more. But he lovingly pressed his lips onto yours, being so gentle with kissing you as if he was afraid he'd break you if he made the wrong move.

He cut you off, "Those are the only questions I can answer tonight."

You giggled, gently grabbing the hem of his shirt to pull him back down to kiss you again.

He pulled away to ask, "How come you don't tell me about you?"

"I have the feeling that you know my basic information already because of my phone." You said, your hand on his cheek and the other on his chest.

He facepalmed in embarrassment, "I'm sorry for that." Kissing you on your cheek to your forehead and your nose. "I didn't really snoop much, I promise." His hand supported the back of your head, his thumb caressing your jaw.

You feel a different kind of soft with him and his touch. He moved down to leave traces of kisses on your neck, lightly biting as his hand softly gliding under your shirt. "I hope Tank is alright."

Your words seem to affect him slightly, or at least it was how he showed it. He was smiling but his eyes were telling a different story.

He reached for his phone on the nightside, you squinted at the bright light from the phone. "His location is active, at least." You nodded.

He kissed your forehead, he rested his head back down the pillow as he snaked his arm around you, making you lay your head on his bicep. His other hand still not stopping from stroking your hair, you were starting to fall asleep.

He whispered, "It's nice to talk like this," kissing you at the top of your head. "Like everything is alright."

You put your hand on his chest, snuggling closer as you feel yourself drifting off to sleep.

"Good night, Y/N."

————

an:

I STILL CANNOT BRING MYSELF TO WRITE RIOT SMUT BECAUSE HE'S BEEN MAKING ME FEEL LOVEY-DOVEY STUFF HUHUHUHU but I hope u r ready for the next chap :"(