quiet

"But," He reached the hem of the shirt you were wearing, lifting it up. "You—" His words trail off as he took your shirt off. "Have to—" He threw it into the hamper, and kissing you. "Shower."

You nodded in compliance, hopping off the counter and standing in front of Tank. Being barefoot and all, you could see how he towered over you. "You're so small." He chuckled, his hand on the side of your neck while his thumb pushed your jaw up so you could face him as he leaned down. He gave you a little kiss on your lips, "We have to be out by 8, darling. So be fast."

You just nodded, closing the door behind him when he left. You couldn't have even imagined this happening weeks ago.

8 AM

The three of you were in the garage, Riot and Tank arguing whether to use motorcycles or use the van and just park in a different alley or parking lot this time. "I feel so underdressed." You told the two towering men that adjusted their gear in front of you, making them laugh.

"That reminds me," Tank says, ruffling through another bag on top of his motorcycle. "I passed by a shop near your place." He handed you a bulletproof vest.

"Are you guys even real?" You chuckled at them, taking the vest out of Tank's hand. "Thank you, Tank." You wore it, Riot tightening it from the back to make it fit you better.

Tank swung his backpack and held another bag in his other hand. "Drop us off near where we parked last night." Tank said seriously, shifting his smile into a straight face at the sight of Riot helping you. Tank, still frowning, put his mask on. It made you look at Tank with concern. Is this guy jealous?

Riot scoffed, shaking his head and making his way to the driver's seat. "Is it legal to wear a bulletproof vest here?" You asked, trying to change the subject as you entered the back of the van.

"I wouldn't have gotten it if it wasn't." Tank snarled, shutting the car door hard.

The car ride was quiet because of Tank's silence, normally, at times like this you would whip your phone out. At least, if Tank was being silent, he'd be too prideful to stop you or Riot from getting your phone back. "Can I have my phone now?"

Riot cleared his throat, handing your phone to you while looking at the rearview mirror if Tank reacts differently.

"Y/N, you'll be handling the first aid. This bag has a first aid kit, a gas mask, a bunch of rugs, and water for people that'll get tear-gassed." Tank ordered, still sounding so cold, he opened the backpack with the neatly packed stuff.

"No milk?" Riot asked, turning to a secluded area

"None." Tank stressed. "The woman said I bought too much yesterday morning to the point they ran out." You giggled, securing the backpack on, thinking that you guys were going to go down already.

"Wait, is that car following us?"

Fuck.

"It is."

9 PM

You were trying to be silent as you heaved for air because you were speedwalking to catch up to the two long-legged creatures while still keeping a distance trying to lose the people following the three of you. You took your hair tie off your hair so it can cover the sides of your face as soon as you turned to an alley from a crowd of people. It was dark in this alley, the three of you thought you'd lost the people following you because the guys were already taking their gear off and stuffing it into each other's bag. Tank handed you tinted glasses and a new mask. "We can't stay at your house." Riot said while he put his vest into a bag and put on a baggy hoodie to hide his hair.

"Let's take different cabs, I'll go with Y/N." Tank said, putting his hood up like Riot.

"You can't take her." Riot answered, his hands clung onto the strap of the bags he was holding. "They saw you."

Tank groaned, glaring at Riot.

"We'll take a cab back home immediately." Riot said while he looked at his watch for the time, trying to avoid Tank's eye contact. "You should lose them off for an hour." You could see how annoyed Tank.

"Fine." He exhaled, his jaw clenched. "Go. I'll stay here for a while."

"Stay safe." You pouted, waving goodbye to Tank. Riot nodded at Tank as he put his arm around you to lead you out and not look suspicious.

You just know that Tank's pissed right now. You took a bag from Riot when you noticed that he was carrying two duffel bags apart from the backpack.

"Are you scared?" You asked him glancing up at him as you grabbed his arm while the both of you walked through another crowd. He tried to keep his head down, trying to not get noticed by anyone.

He smiled at you, trying to remember if he was allowed to tell you about who he really was. "I wasn't really the one who was always on the run." He was carefully picking his words for you, trying his best not to make you as nervous as you already were. "Tank was originally the only one part of Anonymous." He said under his breath, tilting his head to show you where the both of you were heading.

"He was younger than me, but he had stronger opinions." He added, looking out for an available taxi. "It was a year without him, I was studying what he was studying—" He stopped when a taxi stopped in front of the both of you, he opened the door for you and took the duffle bag to put it at the trunk of the taxi. "Trying to be a good big brother." He chuckled and then told the taxi driver where to drop the two of you. "I didn't know, my efforts to connect with him was going to lead me to be part, too."

"How did he even become part of A—" Riot shut you up before you could finish your question.

"That's for him to tell you. But the truth is when I listened to him, educated myself about why he was fighting for what he was fighting for when he started," Riot voiced out quietly. "I was completely sold."

"So, Tank's used to this?" You were concerned about how explosive Tank was, how would he be able to escape people following him?

Riot laughed softly, "Even if it's the first time he's been literally followed, he's definitely used to running and hiding, so I know he'll be okay."

Somehow, you felt reassured knowing that Riot trusts Tank to take care of himself even if he was so turbulent. Still, knowing that there was a possibility you were seen with them made you feel stiff and strained. Scared of what would happen next.

"We'll be okay." Riot comforted you, his arm coiled around your shoulder. He scootched closer to you, trying his best to help you be comfortable.

But there was just one question going on in your mind. Itching for you to ask,

"When will I be able to go home, though?" You questioned him lightly, trying your best not to sound mad. You could feel he was still a little stressed even if he'd assured you that they've done this multiple times already. You could see Riot momentarily clench his jaw, you were sure he didn't mean for anything bad to happen to you. He just didn't want to underestimate or overestimate, in fear that it might disappoint you.

"Only until they stop trying to find us." He whispered to your ear.

"Till then, we'll keep you safe."

————

an:

I hope you like this chapter, I was going to add smut but I wanted you guys to get to know the boys more hihihihihi maybe double update. also please check the disclaimer I made. :) tell me what u think in the comments hehe. feel free to message me as well ❤️