twenty eight.

-----
S C E N E
28
----
Mr cliché
Did what?!

Armani's thoughts
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"I'm not the lead!?"

Matt yelled out, looking at me in slight offence. I let out a sigh, holding the script I had finally finished against my forehead in irritation. After finally finishing the storyline and discussing it with everybody and introducing the characters, of course giving everybody a copy to get acquainted by the night before, everything was perfect and ready to put to action. Well remotely perfect, right now I was in the midst of trying to calm a crying baby about the leading role.

The role being, Ramona Morales. An independent woman who moves to a new town in the early nineties to start a new life. Everything's Joly ranchers and fuzzy slippers until she meets a dangerous woman that takes her for the ride of her life.

I'm not one to write LGBTQ+ themed stories, but something just came over me and I fell in love with the story, everybody else did too..well except for our little drama queen Matt of course.

"Now Matty, you know very well that our leading lady is a woman..and her love interest too"

I reasoned, getting seated by the front row and looking up at the stage where everybody else had been seated.

"But Mani.."

"Oh give it a rest, matt, this story is amazing and quite frankly.. Different! I love it"

Tamara spoke up, making me smile proudly.

"I second that, the Ramona chronicle is absolutely brilliant.."

Kara added, while skimming through the pages.

"Thank you bebe"

"Of course.. I'd also like to add that, I would like to audition for the part of Olivia Wilburn, Ramona's love interest slash wild card!"

I look at kara surprisingly;

"Really? I never took you as the love interest type Kar"

I watch as she rose to her feet on the stage, still having a hold of the script in her hand.

"I know, but something new never hurt anybody.. That and I think I'd be great for the role"

Matt sighs before dramatically sitting himself on the edge of the stage, crossing his arms against his chest.

"I'd like to audition for Olivia too"

Elizabeth (a girl I grew to know from theatre), added, lifting her hand to get my attention. Matt noticed this and loosened his drama queen act to form a devious smirk;

"Ou drama, seems like K has some competition"

I playfully rolled my eyes;

"Oh stop it Matty, it's only fair that people audition for the parts..plus I already picked somebody to play Ramona"

The few that paid attention set their attention towards me as I sat up to clear my throat.

"Tamara..I think you'd play a perfect Ramona"

Tamara froze slightly, as we all turned our gaze toward her.

"What?"

"Yeah, what?!"