thirty one.

S C E N E
..
31
..
Mr clichés
Friendly visit
...

S E B A S T I A' S M I N D
---------------------------------------

I exhaled harshly as I watched her leave.

I could've sworn the brown of her irises told a different story, like she was holding back from me. I knew she came to me to tell me she wasn't keen to the idea of us going to the dance together. I mean I had already prepared myself for the confrontation- but, to my surprise; she asked about colour schemes. I pretended to be ignorant at the way in which she approached, grinning brightly at her to make my pretentious act believable. I mean anybody in their right mind could tell from her stance and fire like stare; she wanted to confront me and say no, but one thing I've learnt about Armani is;

She has a large and very present guilty conscience.

I happened to take advantage of that, and it worked because she's still my date to the dance.

"Cash or card?"

I sunk back into reality when the lady across from me spoke. I quickly remembered my surroundings, grabbing my wallet from my pocket and easing my card towards her direction. With a bored expression, I watched as she rung my belongings in two large tote bags before handing my card back and inaudibly dismissing me for the next customer.

I swear grocery store workers have the least enthusiasm in what they do.

I grab hold of the bags, making my way towards my car then stuffing the groceries in the backseat. The weather soothed down so I was left in my shirt and pants, leaving my jacket pressed beneath the fabric grocery bags. I quickly shut the door getting into my car then making my way to my destination.

.............

I nibble a little at my lower lip before making my way to the front door. I always find myself rather nervous when I'm here. Its like the Sebastian everybody knows is non existent once my eyes meet the oak door of the familiar wooden crafted home. A somewhat second home away from home. I give the pressure of both bags to my right hand before bringing my left hand to knock. It takes one hit off the rusty wood to make my ears buzz once I hear the fidgeting of locks.

The door swings open and I grin slightly at the Male standing across from me.

"Long time no see"

Alex smiles while crossing his arms against his chest, then leans against the frame. I don't hold back the playful roll of my eyes as my left hand aids the right but holding the second bag.

"We were together at lunch"

Alex scoffs;

"You were late for school"

"I meant yesterday"

Alex chuckles before letting me in. I carry the bags and follow him to the kitchen where a little boy with brown hair slouches while sketching on a notepad placed on top of a vintage round kitchen table that sat in the middle of the room. I place the packages not too far from the boy before attending to him.

"How's it goin buddy, what ya drawin today?"

I ruffle the kids hair. Caleb being his name and the youngest brother of Alex. There were two specifically, being Caleb the youngest at age ten and Martin the eldest at age twenty five. We don't talk much about Martin, mainly due to the fact that he just up and disappeared one day.