chapter viii

THINGS WERE GOING GREAT UNTIL SIERRA GOT STABBED. Honestly Sierra blamed it on Percy. One hundred percent his fault. 

Silena took her brother Jason and sister Laurel to the left as a diversion, while Thalia took two of the Hephaestus kids, and two Ares kids ( Sherman and a new girl named Sheila who despite her paternity was terrified of everything ).

That left Sierra leading three new Ares kids and Sidney Jester in a full frontal assault. Honestly Sierra was pretty sure Thalia only gave her that job because they both knew Sierra needed to hit something. The horn blew and Sierra didn't even draw her sword at first.

The first hunter she came across she just slammed her fist into her face and the girl crumpled out cold with a newly broke nose.

"Damn." Sidney muttered, before slicing an arrow out of the air with her knife. Sierra drew her spear then, not exactly intent on breaking her knuckles by punching out thirty people. 

It was going great too. The adrenaline high was pounding through her and the hunters gave up on long range weapons pretty quickly, opting instead to take out the hunting knives and get up close and personal. Sierra reciprocated easily, returning her spear to a necklace and drawing her own knife.

Then Percy got the flag and started running. Sierra was distracted for just a second. Wondering what the hell he was doing even touching the enemy flag since he was supposed to be guarding their's. It was in that split second of broken focus that a knife sank into her side. She cried out in the shock of the pain from it before her eyes lit up. The hunter stared at her in shock. Apparently she hadn't been prepared for her eyes to do that. Sierra couldn't fathom why.

Sierra smacked her knife from her hand and head butted the girl head on, breaking yet another nose. Zoe ran across the camp boundary, blue flag in hand and the hunters won. Again.

Sierra wasn't even all that bother by the loss with the pain of her stab wound coupled with her now aching forehead. Despite how the media depicted it, head butting was not a fun or smart way to complete an attack. It hurt like Hades for both parties involved and no one went home happy.

Chiron rode to the group, the Stoll brothers on his back, both looking like death warmed over. Connor had two arrows sticking out of his helmet like antennae. Sidney jogged over to her brothers and helped them off the centaur before yanking both arrows out of Connor's helmet and laughing. That girl laughed almost as much as Andy Jackson cried.

"The Hunters win!" Chiron announced without pleasure. Then he muttered, "For the fifty-sixth time in a row."

"Perseus Jackson!" Thalia yelled, storming towards the boy in question. She smelled like rotten eggs, and she was so mad that blue sparks flickered on her armor. Everybody cringed and backed up because of Aegis ( her shield, the face of medusa stamped into it caused a similar ricochet of fear as Sierra's eyes ). The simultaneous step back was echoed by all except Sierra, who was studying the knife still embedded in her side and trying to remember if there were any vital organs where the knife was.