Mission Reflex

Writers note: this is a relatively slow paced story. Remnant makes its appearance in chapter 2. Skip at the risk of missing backstory of characters, weapons ect. A lot of my story will be centered around my original characters. The RWBY cast will play a role but they will not take center stage. This takes place before the Fall of Reach and by extent, the Halo event.

Spartan 445, Reven Frost (codename: Shadow) marched down the corridor of the UNSC's Chariot of Fire, heading for the bridge to get his mission statement. Coming back from the successful assassination of Covenant leader Silud Thane, Spartan Shadow was on course for Earth where he was to escort Admiral Dutch to Reach for classified reasons. However, recent data recovered from ONI requested that a responsive strike was to be placed ASAP. Details of this strike was to be given in the bridge.

"Spartan 445 reporting for duty sir!"

"At ease Spartan. Follow me." Captain Cody West lead the spartan to the holographic table located in the center of the bridge. "Frawn, bring up mission statement Reflex for briefing."

"Of course, sir." Replied the ships dumb AI. A holographic reading of a Covenant vessel appeared over the table with labels next to it reading: Covenant class: Battle Cruiser, Ship name: Purging Light, Captain: Unknown.

"This cruiser is your target. It's one of 3 on it's way to the Planet Haven. This planet is of no importance to the Military, however it's population of 3 billion will not be left to die. It is common knowledge that our Slipspace engine is in need of repair so pursuit is impossible. ONI believes this attack is a distraction to draw away our forces from somewhere more important, hence explaining the small size of the attack. That's why it's up to you to destroy one of these cruisers. We can't send too many ships to assist the colony. We're on a course that'll put us close enough to get a pelican to their ship before it enters slipspace. The rest is up to you."

"Sir. How am I supposed to destroy the ship in slipspace? That's a one way ticket."

"You'll find a way. We're sending a fragment of a smart AI to go with you."

"Where did we get get a smart AI?"

"That's classified. Good luck Spartan. Go to room 304 on floor c to receive your AI."

Reven snapped into a crisp salute and turned to leave the bridge.

"Spartan. Just remember what you're fighting for. Do not risk 3 billion lives for your own. It's been an honor serving with you Shadow."

"Likewise Sir."

Time skip: start of mission Reflex

Reven was completing his third routine weapon checkup on the Pelican, awaiting the green light to launch. Reven's primary weapon was like no other. Reven was so insistent on tinkering with his weapons in training that his Commanding Officer gave up and had him forge his own weapon. And he did. The 'DeathStick' was a pump action shotgun moded to have to the reloading system and cartridge of a SAW, giving it that Tommygun feel. But the most dangerous part of the DeathStick was its explosive demolition rounds. These were no normal demolition rounds however. Since ammo is scarce on the battlefield, the ammo cartridges have been made so it would turn needler rounds into shotgun shells for its explosive effect. Production has started on the Planet Forge to become it's own weapon variant.

Apart from that he had a improved sniper rifle on his back and two SMGs on his sides, along with 4 ordinary frag grenades.

The AI inside Revens helmet anylized his unique weapon variant with much interest. Reven finished the reassembly of DeathStick and walked up to the cockpit. They should be dropping at any moment now.