Chapter 20

the song has been stuck in m head all day so idecided to share it with you. :) lol so yeah kinda dying of laughter right now.

Anyway, Merry christmas! if you don't celebrate it, then have a good winter break!

oh, and so the thing with the comments, no you actually can;t just comment 1-10 and get an update. Points for trying thogh! That was sweet. But real comments are what get the updates. 

this isn't updated, and i'm doing it in the car so It probably sucks. the grammar is definentally horrible. But,

here's your story.

"Quit struggling! Why can't you just let me do this for you!?"

"Because, Braxton! I can walk. The doctor cleared me for it! Let me do it my...self!" I argue back as I struggle to stand up off of the couch.

I was discharged later that day, and it's been a couple days. Braxton and everyone that was in the hospital room have been treating me like I'll shatter any second. I mean, I get it, but seriously, I can do this myself.

All I'm even doing is getting off of the couch. And walking into the kitchen which really isn't very far away. So I don't even know why he's freaking out right now.

"No.Your not strong enough yet. Just let me help you!" He begs, as he wraps his arm around my shoulder just as I stumble a bit.

His smile widens when I merely scowl at him and don't push his hands off of me.

I blow a piece of hair out of my face and wobble towards the kitchen, with the assistance of my boyfriend.

We make our way through the doorway and around the islands and finally he drops me in a stool.

Braxton makes his way over to the refrigerator and looks at me questioningly.

"What would you like, your highness?" Brax mocks.

I roll my eyes and decide on some orange juice.

As Braxton pours the juice into a glass for me, he looks at me. Not in a creepy way, but he just makes eye contact with me for a second and then places my orange juice down quickly. It spills over the side of the mason jar, and I'm surprised when Braxton's hand is under my chin, tilting my face upwards. I was so focused on that jar....

"What's wrong, Vannah?"

Wow, way to be subtle.

"Nothing is wrong. Ugh, it's just Christmas is in a week, it's a school day, and youre with me and not at school. Your sacrificing your education and family time so you can take care of me. It's not necessary, rea-"

"I love you, that's why I'm here and not at school. It's the last day anyway, nobody goes.so calm down."

His lips are already on mine as he pushes me fiercely against the counter. The chair is digging into my back but I don't even register the pain through the passion running through my veins right this second.

His tongue is just about to gain the access it was hoping for when he is ripped away from me, and pushed back about ten feet.
My brother, Brad, is standing in his place and practically growling at Braxton.

"Don't do that in my house. Better yet, don't touch my sister at all." He grits out while his shoulders rapidly go up and down as his breathing accelerates.

"Brad!" Two voices yell at the same instant, one of which is mine.

The other belongs to Mads, who is currently standing in the doorway of the kitchen in her pajamas with her arms crossed and glaring daggers at My brother.

"You better stop. How would  you like it if my brother had done this when we started dating?"

Brads face goes white and i remember that Mads brother is some muscle man body builder that is like three times the size of my brother. 

He shudders and walks over to the counter, surrendering.

I smirk at him and Braxton resumes his place beside me, just not in the same position. 

Obviously.

"So what's for breakfast?" My brother asks, looking at Maddy hopefully, head rested on top of his fists.

She cracks up at his immature behavior and holds up her hands. "Don't look at me! Braxton here is making breakfast for Vannah right?" She looks towards my boyfriend who nods in comfirmation, "Why not add an extra couple people?" She then proceeds to smirk at my brother and holds her hand up for a high five from me without breaking eye contact. 

This girl is the best.

After a hearty breakfast, full of creepy laughs and horrible jokes, I'm pretty sure Brad is warming up to Braxton.

I mean, he's stopped glaring, and I consider that progress.

"So, what are we doing today?" Maddy asks the group of us.

We all quiet down as we think of what to do. 

"How about we go on a Digital scavenger hunt? It's like a normal scavenger hunt, but you take pictures of what you find and stuff so you don't actually take anything."  Maddy suggests.

My brother and Braxton simultaneously shrug, which in turn causes them to look at eachother, simultaneously.

Braxton grins like the chesire cat  at him, while Brad just scowls in return.

Mads and I laugh like hyenas for a minute before she goes off to make the list of things we have to hunt for. A minute later, Brad follows her because hes clingy ad can't be away from her for too long.

Her words, not mine, but i know she secretly loves it.

We got all of the lists together and piled into my grandmothers escalade because our cars are all sports cars and won't really accommodate all of us.

When we arrive at the park that we're hunting at, we exit the car.

"Alright, Van and I will be on one team, and you two on the other."

All of us look at Maddy as if she is crazy, because she must be to think that brax and Brad can work together.

"No! I refuse to work with him." Brad tells us. He crosses his arms over his chest and sticks his chin into the air. 

Madilyn scoffs at him and slaps his arm. "You can, and you will. Quit being a childish jerk and act civilized."

she pokes his chest for what i would assume is emphasis.

His eyes widen and he sighs dramatically.

"I..I..Guess I can work with you. If you don't annoy me. Or talk about my sister."

At the last sentence, his face wrinkles up like he sucked on a lime.

I roll my eyes and punch his shoulder. "Be good to eachother." I pointedly look at Brad.

he puts his hands up in surrender and backs away, but not before grabbing braxtons arm and pulling him along.

Maddy and I walk away and she asks me if I know of anywhere there could be a hobo. I'm about to answer her when I'm roughyl turned around and lis are pressed to mine into a peck. The familiarity of the lips is what keeps me from running away. Braxton pulls away and leans his forehead against mine, "I love you."

I smile back and repeat the words.

"Oh come on! Hurry up. No kissing my sister!" I hear from the dstance and then Braxton turns and leaves. 

That is how our adventure starts for the day.