Chapter 22

(Savannah's dress to the side!)
ѕo ѕorry ι dιdnт poѕт тнιѕ earlιer! ι jυѕт realιzed we reacнed тнe goal! тнιѕ really needѕ тo вe edιтed.

"Where do i hang this one, Savannah?" Kalie asks me as she holds up the toilet-paper-roll-santa ornament I made in 2nd grade.

"Hang that one right... there." I point where i want it hung on the tree. My arm strains and I feel my muscles throbbing. Ouch. It's pretty much healed, I haven't felt pain since the hospital. Running to the car and yanking my foot back in probably didn't help. But I'm not sore anymore.

Right now it's four o'clock in the afternoon, and we're decorating my house for the Christmas party my family is throwing.

Kalie and Nickie are helping me set up, along with my grandmother, her boyfriend, my brother and Madilyn.

Kalie, Nickie and I are in charge of the tree, and then we move along to the kitchen to bake up all these family recipes for the party.

The guest list includes;

Braxton and his mom, Nickie's parents, Brylon,his parents, and his little brother, Andrew, his little sister, his new girfriend, and his parents, Ricky and his family, Dylan,his parents,his (soon to be) girlfriend, and his little brother, Kalie's parents and her little sister, and obviously, my family and I. Rory and Dacey are supposed to show up also, but they've moved into their own apartment (trust fund), down the street from us.

Braxton's mom is coming. Can someone say OMG because I'm freaking out right now. I mean, I've never met the woman and the mere thought of her presence is intimidating.

But, Kalie and Nickie apparently haven't met their boyfriend's parents either and they aren't even close to being as worried as I am. They told me to relax.

My friends told me to relax. I have this little issue, where oh, I don't know, I, maybe, possibly, have a hard time relaxing in stressful situations.

But that's not relevant, obviously.

Anywho, we've just finished the tree, so now we're moving into the kitchen.

I pull out some ingredients and we start on the recipes.

+++++++++++++

Three hours later, all of the baking is done, dinner, which is crab, (turkey for anyone who doesn't like seafood) is almost out of the oven.

I fling myself up the stairs and into my bathroom, closely followed by Kalie and Nickie.

I strip down out of my clothing, and faintly hear the sounds of two doors closing down the hall. Kalie and Nickie must've gone into the guest bathrooms.

The party starts at 8:30, but people normally start arriving a little late, as in 8:45 .

I quickly scrub my body with peppermint scented body wash and wash my hair.

I also shave my legs, except it takes longer than five seconds which for some reason is how long it takes people in movies.

I exit the shower quickly, tripping over the bathtub in the process.

Curse my non-graceful feet.

I check the time on my phone's clock and find out I have exactly an hour and five minutes to get everyone ready, including myself, and everything.

I make my way out of my bathroom and pull out my undergarments.

Slipping them on, I quickly text Kalie and Nickie that I'm ready for them to come in so we can help each other get ready.