Epilogue

Epilogue

Savannah's outfit to the side.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yes! Go to work. I'll be fine here. Plus, Kalie is coming over today, remember? We're going shopping." I remind him.

Braxton sighs and leans down тo kiss my forehead.

"Call me if you're feeling any worse. Text me often please so I know your alright. Oh, and donт ғorgeт тoιl-"

"Yes! I know. I'll have Kalie pick ѕoмe up on her way home from school."

He smiles, picks up his blazer and walks out our apartment door.

As soon as the door is locked, I stand up quickly and rush to the bathroom.

I'ts 8:00 and I've puked two times this morning.

I was holding my throw up in while he was talking, because I don't want to worry him.

I've been sick every morning this week. But today is the only day it's gotten that bad.

I pick up my phone and text Kalie.

Me: Hey, on your way over here can you pick up what we we're talking about earlier?

Kalie: Yeah! Girl, I'm Sooooo excited!

Me: Why?

Kalie: Because my best friend just graduated! We've survived going to different colleges, living тwenтy мιnυтeѕ away ғroм eacнoтнer, and now you might be-

The reading of her message is cut short by the ringing of my cell phone.

"Hello?"

"I love you. I just thought I would remind you. Have a good shopping day with Kalieokay? And have her tell Ricky to call me when I get home. I love you, Banana. Have a good day!"

Braxton hangs up before i have the chance to respond.

I sigh and walk into the bathroom.

After washing my mouth off, I hop into the shower.

About fifteen minutes later, I was applying lotion to my legs and feeling ten times better, when there's a knock on the door.

I stick my head out the bathroom door and yell to Kalie to come in.

A couple seconds later I hear the door open and then she starts talking, "Bro, it smells like puke in here."

I exit the bathroom, towel drying my hair at the same time and give her a deadpan look.

"Just shut up. Did you bring it?"

She sighs and hands me a bag she had behind her back.

"Okay. Let's go." I shove the bag into my purse and walk towards the door.

******************************************

Two hours later and arms full of shopping bags, we drop down in the food court.

My feet have been killing me for the past hour and I've been getting dizzy spells.

"Ooh. I think I want some buffalo chicken pizza."

At Kalie's declaration my stomach growls and she laughs before getting up and walking towards a pizza place.

After a couple minutes of tolerating all the different smells of food in here, my stomach churns one final time. . I cover my mouth with one hand and quickly stand.