22

Rose's P.O.V

"Who?" I asked, scratching my head in mock confusion.

I will not let him come back into my life and especially not through my husband.

"Remember when I told you I did a background check on you?" Enrique said, taking long strides towards me before stopping with his hands on my shoulders.

"I know everything" he whispered into my ear as I felt a shiver run through my spine as the memories of my rebel 18 year old self resurfaced.

All the trouble I went through. All the times my parents had to bail me out of jail. All the times I had to apologise to the people I had hurt. All the times my parents hid my mistakes from the press.

All because of him.

"Then why would you ask?" I said scrunching my brows in anger. If he knew then why would he remind me of all the stupid shit I went through?

"I want to hear it from you" he said walking in front of me, looking down as if to belittle me. I glared back up at him with arms crossed over my chest.

"Arion was my boyfriend" I said raising my head as I narrowed my eyes.

"My highschool sweetheart, who turned me into the worst version of myself" I stated, keeping the eye contact with Enrique.

"So he's the guy you lost your virginity to?" He said as my face fell as well as my arms.

What?

I looked at him in confusion before my mouth opened as I remembered what I had said that day in the office.

"You don't, that's where you are wrong babes I lost my virginity to my boyfriend in highschool"

Stupid stupid stupid!

Did I really have to say highschool boyfriend?

Enrique's gaze was burning into me as I lowered my head in fake embarrassment.

"Yes" I whispered even though I was laughing my head off inside. Pshht sex? Never mind that, we never even kissed.

He was just a guy who asked me out that also happened to be a psychopath. Oh let's not forget how he made me believe I was one too and made me do stuff that my parents will never live down!

One of the main reason they married me off.

"In the file, it's said you went to jail, on more than one occasion and the first few times it was him who bailed you out" he spoke. The word him was said with such disgust as if he had been the one to lose his virginity to him.

"Yes, he was my boyfriend so obviously he would bail me out" I said in a duh tone as I watched Enrique's confused face.

"I'm guessing your parents didn't know you went to jail the first 4 times" he said stalking towards me.

I instinctively moved a few steps back before answering his confusion.

"Yes, they didn't find out until later when the police had directly contacted them" I said rubbing my arms as it began to get chilly.

I really did not want to have a conversation about my... phase right now.

Enrique noticed and stayed quiet before taking his jacket off. He put it around my shoulders and gestured for me to put my arms through the holes. I smiled in gratitude before slipping my hands through, letting the warmth of the jacket envelope me.

"Let's go eat" he said taking my hand.

~

We were now back at the big dining hall where mother had set out our food. My mouth watered at the heaps of different dishes displayed. On cue my stomach rumbled as I took a seat and began digging in.