𝟐𝟓.

The Wheeler's Residence | Thur 6:42 PM
Will Byers

Will was now biking to Mike's house for the first time in two weeks. He asked him over for thanksgiving, which seemed a bit out of the blue seeing as they haven't talked or hung out since Mike stood up for him. His life felt bittersweet. On one hand, Troy left him alone and hadn't even looked in his direction in weeks. On another, Will missed his best friend.

After Will stopped feeling like he must've done something wrong, he thought about it. Before Mike chased Troy to the locker room, they were close, but after, something changed. So, he started asking around and most people said the same thing: Mike beat up Troy in the locker room. Will didn't know if he could believe that since no one actually saw the fight, but he went with it until he had the chance to ask Mike. Hopefully he would have a chance to ask him today.

When he got in the neighborhood, Will noticed the abundance of cars parked across the sidewalk and in the driveways. Barbecue wafted through the air and made Will's mouth water with excitement. If he didn't eat with the Wheeler's, then he wouldn't have had any thanksgiving food. Joyce was working late and Lonnie was probably drunk and watching football by now.

The sky was filled with hues of dark orange and yellow, the sun starting to set and the air starting to get cooler around Will. He gripped his coat closer to his ears and pedaled until he got to the last house on the left. After rolling his bike up the empty driveway, Will neatly rested it against the garage and knocked on the door, praying that Mike would answer for once.

"Will? Wow I haven't seen you here in a while!Thought you and Mike weren't friends anymore." Holly said while creaking the door open. Her hair was styled in two French braids on each side of her face. She wore a sweater with a turkey on it and some black capris.

"Nice to see you too, Hol. You mind opening the door a little wider so I can maybe come inside?" Will said politely.

"Sorry kiddo, Momma doesn't want flies in the house." She answered, causing Will to feel a little uncomfortable.

Will why are you intimidated by a 6 year old? Open the god damn door and go inside.

Will inched closer to the door and began opening it when Holly smacked his hand away and said, "What about flies do you not understand, Will Bryce?"

"Will Bryce? My last name is Bye—"

Before he could finish talking, Mike finally came to his rescue and grabbed his little sister off the floor and out of the way. Will's eyes lit up when he saw Mike, but he quickly noticed that something looked different about him.

"Holly, why're you always messing with Will? He's a good guy." He said while smirking at Will and looking him up and down.

Will smiled at his compliment. "Hi Mike."

"Hey." Mike said smoothly. "Come in, come in. It's getting chilly out there."

Will walked inside and inhaled the smell of food, his mouth watering once again. Mike slipped off his coat for him and put it on the rack, then led him down to the basement.

"The food will be done in a couple minutes,
I just wanted to catch up a bit." Mike said while sitting on the couch and patting the spot where he wanted Will to sit.