𝟑𝟎.

The Byers Residence | Fri 7:37 AM
Will Byers

⚠️Graphic descriptions of self harm⚠️

This morning, the ground was painted in little snowflakes and the soft winter breeze fogged up the window Will was staring through. He dreaded going to school everyday, feeling he was asking for the pain he was receiving just by being there. Will remembered the brief period of time where his life was great. He had a new best friend, his bully left him alone, and his dad...acted like a dad.

The more he reminisced, the more he thought about Mike. He cursed himself for thinking of him so much, seeing as Mike hurt him emotionally and physically now. If he would stop, Will would forgive him in a heartbeat, no matter how much he wanted to admit it. After finishing the mug of coffee in his hands, he set it down in the sink and began putting on his coat and scarf. Will wanted to leave the house before Lonnie got home from work.

He locked the door behind himself  before picking up his bike from off the ground. It was slightly wet since the sun had come out and began melting away the snow. When the warm rays landed on Will, pleasure was immediately sent through his body. He seriously didn't like the cold.

The boy boarded his bike and began riding on the dirt path, swerving when he was about to hit a stray rock or a pothole. Once he was out of the woods, he was getting ready to turn right on Mirkwood, but quickly stopped himself. He had gotten used to riding with Mike and he had accidentally went to his neighborhood every day this week.

Will missed having someone to ride with in the mornings. He did have Dustin, but they barely hung out anymore due to Dustin's new friends. He wasn't mad about this though, he knew Dustin would replace him sooner or later, but Will had a replacement for him as well. Now, Will was as lonely as he was after he was outed in freshman year, at least karma made sure Troy knew what that felt like.

Once he rolled up to school, Will parked his bike on the rack and turned his head to see a familiar blue one next to him. He quickly looked around until he spotted him. Mike was talking to Lucas and stopped when he saw Will staring at him. They held eye contact for a moment before Will turned away and walked into the building.

He prepared for the day at his locker, trying to be as quick as possible before the jocks entered. The only motivation he had to go to school was the fact that after next week, they would be out of school for Christmas break. This meant Will wouldn't have to worry about feeling paranoid at a place he was supposed to feel safe. The first bell rang and students began pilling into their classes, including Will. His first period was language arts with Mr. Clarke, whom he adored.

Will stepped into class and sat in his usual seat in the back next to a cheerleader named Kasey, who was one of Heather Holloway's friends. Will only knew who Heather was because it had always been a dream of his to be a cheerleader, although he knew it would never come true.

An upside to sitting next to Kasey was that he could talk about cheerleading with her without any judgement. The one downside was that he had to do all the work when they were paired together for assignments, but he didn't mind. It was better than getting slammed into a locker.

Today, Mr. Clarke wanted them to practice writing poems, and this was one of the few tasks Will struggled with. Although he could write a poem about anything, he didn't feel comfortable writing about what actually bothered him in life. It seemed a little too personal to give to a teacher.