𝟑𝟐.𝟓

[Quick Question!]

Do y'all want me to post a picture of Isaiah? It might help you imagine him better.

• • •

The Wheelers Residence | Sat 9:49 PM
El Hopper/Heather Holloway
(Interlude)

El heard about Mike's party when one of the cheerleaders called her to make sure she was coming. She was embarrassed that he didn't personally invite her or mention it at all, because she knew the cheerleaders would talk about them and make up some rumor. For now she just let it go and got dressed, planning to talk to him about it when she got there.

Except, when she got there, her attention stayed on Max, who she thought looked beautiful in the tight black dress she was wearing. It was a little sexy but still classy at the same time, and something Max wouldn't usually wear. It took everything in her not to break down in tears, and when the lump in her throat would come back, she would wash it down with alcohol until it went away.

That's how she ended up 1.Kissing Mike, 2. Getting dragged out of the party by Heather, and 3. Puking all over Karen's garden.

While she was doing that third thing, Heather was behind her waiting. She had been sadly watching El all night, observing how wasted she was and how she would hesitate before taking sips, but ultimately drank them anyway. Heather didn't know exactly what was bothering her tonight, but she knew it had to be something serious.

"Excuse me ladies?"

Heather turned her head to the guy who had just approached the house. She didn't know this handsome stranger, but El knew he was the guy that outed Mike. She was too busy puking her brains out to say anything.

"Is this where the party's at?"

"Nope. I think it's down the street." Heather said sarcastically.

Isaiah smirked and walked inside, Heather watching him as he went inside. Damn. If I wasn't a lesbian, I'd totally bang him. Her thoughts were interrupted when El finally got up off the ground and started stumbling towards her.

Heather led her to the car and helped her get inside, even buckling her seat belt for her. El was still very much out of it and the alcohol lingered on her breath, even though most of it was no longer in her system. Heather walked around to the other side of the car and got in the drivers seat.

El was silent for a couple minutes, to the point where Heather assumed she was sleep until she finally spoke up, her words still slightly slurred.

"I'm sorry for not kissing you back."

That sentence caught Heather so off guard that she almost swerved the car.

"I was just really sad about Max and I still am kinda sad about her but I really do like spending time with you. I know we didn't get along in the beginning but you turned out to be cool. You're also like really pretty so that helps."

Heather smiled and continued the conversation by saying, "Thanks. Sorry for trying to kiss you, I understand why you didn't want to."

"Could I maybe have a...do-over?" El asked while flashing her puppy dog eyes.

"I'm not kissing you. You smell like alcohol and vomit and you probably don't taste any better."

"Not even just like a little peck-?"

"Nope I'm driving you home and your going to sleep off the rest of your drunkness."

El smirked and rolled her eyes, grabbing her hand and intertwining their fingers instead. They both had a warm feeling inside their chest and a loud beating in their hearts that was ignited by the touch. Even though them staying together was very unlikely (because Heather was graduating this year and El was still a sophomore) El had faith that Heather wouldn't break her heart like Max did, or at least she hoped so.

To be continued...

So their relationship was so rushed it makes me want to throw the whole chapter away but hey if you like it then you're welcome. Next chapter we jump back into the drama so get ready. (Also please answer the question above.)
— Vaeh Joi

[8/5/20 | 706 words]