𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 (𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟐)

The Wheeler Residence | Sat 10:36 PM
Mike Wheeler

He had now been in the bathroom for half an hour, casually lying in the bathtub with his head and feet hanging off the ends. Mike didn't feel like communicating with any of the jocks, which he knew he would have to do if they saw him. Being around them brought out a side to Mike that made him barely able to stand himself. Maybe it had less to do with them and more to do with high school popularity and Mike's own insecurities, but that was a big maybe and it was easier to blame someone else.

The sad truth was that Mike was lying to everyone, most importantly himself. The thing about lying is that they catch up to you and the only way to keep up a lie is to keep lying. Even knowing this, Mike felt comfort in his lies, they were protecting him and everyone else from the truth. Coming out was a death wish disguised as a fantasy. Soon his thoughts were interrupted by a girl knocking rapidly and yelling, "Hurry up! Other people have to pee!"

Mike quickly heightened his voice to sound more feminine, and yelled back. "I'm on my period!"

Another lie. Great.

The girl was silent for a moment before saying, "Take your time girl!" and walking away.

At this point, Mike decided it was time for him to leave, or at least leave the bathtub he was sitting in. He lifted himself up with his arms and went over to the mirror. Mike stared into his chocolate eyes and began hyping himself up to go back to the party.

"You are Mike Wheeler! Not Michael in the bathroom!" He yelled while gripping the sides of the sink. "You threw this party and you're going to enjoy it!"

Mike busted the door open and walked through the crowded house. Everyone was dancing and drinking and genuinely having a good time. Mike wanted the same experience. He started with going over to where Lucas set up the drinks and took a cup, filling it to the brim with whatever was in the dispenser that appeared out of no where. He took big sips and instantly felt better about being here. He didn't want to get drunk, so after he finished his cup, he set it down and went looking for the football players he was avoiding earlier.

Before he made it to them, Mike spotted El dancing in the middle of a crowd by herself. Her movements were messy and she wasn't in sync with the current song that was playing, making her stand out. She was wearing one of the dresses she got from the mall and had her hair down and all over the place. Mike knew she was definitely drunk, but was still in somewhat disbelief, this was so unlike her.

Mike moved closer to El and grabbed her shoulders to her to get her attention. She stopped dancing and looked up at him with a dazed expression on her face. "El I'm gonna take you home, ok?"

She smiled and giggled, hiccups escaping her mouth. El grabbed Mike's waist and pulled him in closer. Then, she lifted one of her arms and rested an arm on the side of his face, rubbing his cheek with her thumb.

"You are so pretty Mikey." El said while leaning in and pressing her lips to his.

He kissed back and then pulled away quickly, not minding it but not really wanting a kiss either. He rather be kissing the lips of someone else. "Ok now it's definitely time to go home." He said, catching the attention of Heather who was silently watching from afar.

"I got her Mike." She said.

Mike nodded and Heather lead El out of the crowd and outside of the house. He went back to looking for the guys and started opening doors and looking inside of rooms, thinking that they were maybe talking somewhere. He ended up finding them outside, playing beer pong and having a loud conversation about some girl one of them were banging.