𝟑𝟒.

Hawkins High | Mon 12:27 PM
Troy Walsh

Although he wasn't the one who came out, Troy's sexuality was also put into question. Mostly because it had been the second time he was caught kissing a guy. Troy didn't really care about the whisperings or about how outcasted he was now, it'd been like this the whole semester. First, he didn't make the football team. Then, he lost a fight to Dustin and Will stood up to him. Now, he's kissed Mike twice and been exposed, it couldn't get any worse than that. Except it could.

The only thing Troy really cared about was his father finding out. Troy already felt like a disappointment to his mother, and he didn't want his father to feel the same, not to mention his mother wasn't nearly as homophobic as Tom was. After his mother found out, she was shocked for a few days and didn't really talk to him, to the point where Troy couldn't stand it and moved in with his father.

At school, he could stand it. Troy silently sat on the bleachers and stared at the empty field. His hands were in his coat pockets, protected from today's winter breeze. Coming out there had been a daily routine for Troy, seeing as he felt a little weird just sitting at a cafeteria table by himself after he ate. Sometimes he even brought his lunch outside with him.

In the middle of his relaxation period, he began to feel like he was being watched. He turned his head to the right—towards the school—and saw no one, making him think he was just being paranoid. He turned his view back towards the field until he heard footsteps. There was definitely someone here now.

Troy turned his head again to see Isaiah walking towards him, a calm expression on his face. Not this dude again. Troy thought.

"You're real bored aren't you? Having the guts to even look my way after what you did. I outta whoop your ass right now." Troy said with furrowed brows.

A smile appeared on the curly-headed boys face. He sat next to Troy and said, "Do it. Get your anger out Papi."

"Don't fucking call me that faggot!" Troy yelled, already turning red. Of course he was mad at Isaiah, but as much as he didn't want to admit it, he liked when Isaiah would flirt with him. In general he liked the attention he was given, not receiving much at home.

"Oh am I making you mad? Please do something about it! Choke me daddy—"

Troy's knuckles quickly collided with Isaiah's cheek and gave him a maroon colored bruise near his eye. Isaiah flinched and jerked back a bit, but other than that he hadn't really reacted to the punch.

"Come on harder!" He encouraged.

Troy wasn't sure what his angle was, but that didn't stop him from punching him again, this time in the nose. When Troy's fist left his nose, a single tear of blood dripped from his nostril. Isaiah wiped it away before saying, "That's all you got? Damn Troy you punch like a girl!"

Since it was the first insult Isaiah said to him—although a weak one—Troy punched with more force than before, and with no hesitation. This time, Isaiah fell all the way out of his seat and slammed against the row below them. He laid motionless, concerning Troy. He leaned down and poked his back a couple of times and hoped he hadn't accidentally killed the guy. After a couple of seconds of Troy gently poking him while simultaneously checking his pulse, Isaiah finally got back up.

He groaned and held the side of his head while settling back to his spot next to Troy. He was silent for a moment and stared at the field while the bruise on his head began to bleed.

"So are we good Troy?" He asked. Troy now understood what he was trying to do, he was trying to get even.

He scoffed. "No."