PROLOGUE

1461

1461

CATHERINE WALK ALONGSIDE HER MAIDS she felt used and deceived by her kin as she was left behind as some sort of reward. She was ordered to walk alongside her maids to be presented upon the new king of England. She is the daughter of King Henry VI of England and Margaret of Anjou. She doesn't bow to no king that isn't her father. She began walking, furiously alongside her maid's. Her father was king; he fled leaving her behind. Her mother has left took her precious son with her. She is nothing more than a girl, something that her parents had no use.

"Your majesty, Princess Catherine of England." She slowly walked bending down on her knee to show gratitude to the king and to beg for forgiveness. "Stand up," a knight ordered her grabbing her arm, roughly pulling her nearer to the king. "Stand aside now." She looked up to face the king. Edward, she heard of him, charming young man. He was certainly a very tall, handsome man, held a mischievous smile. "Your majesty. I have done nothing wrong. It was my family. You wouldn't punish a child of their father's sins. I beg for forgiveness,'' she pleaded falling to her knees.  She watched on the side as she noticed Lord Warwick standing beside him staring at her with disgust. He knew she is the daughter of the tyrant king.

"Your pardon," Edward announced smiling, he sat upon his chair staring at her, intrigued. Her long dirty blonde locks were messier, her gown had been tore in shreds because of the invasion, but she still managed to look like a proper lady. "Edward, she is the daughter of your enemy. She could be worth something!"Lord Warwick spat out causing Edward to raise his eyebrows. "I'm aware of that. She is a child." Catherine rolled her eyes wanting them to understand she was right there.

"She is only fifteen, Edward." Lord Warwick announces loudly enough for the whole court to hear. "I know that. She is a child; she is not responsible for her parent's sin. Therefore, she's pardon." She watched as Lord Warwick gave up, shaking his head in disapproval. "Very well then, next," Edward announced causing her to flick her movement before the knight beside could grab her. "I do have one request?" She watched as everybody gasped at her. She watched as Edward simply smirk, curiously leaning forward. "What is it?"

"I have nothing here. I don't want the kingdom. Nor, will I ever. I want to be with my family." She managed to burst those words out of her mouth hoping the king would have changed of heart.
Edward felt amused by her words. "A family who has fled leaving you behind. Your tyrant father. A mad brother. A mother who is known for her madness. You wished to return to that?" Catherine couldn't agree more that her family was as mad as they are. Yet, it's her family, without any doubt she could have inherited there madness as well.  "You may think I'm mad. I am not. Their blood, my kin. I deserve to be with them, nor here." He watched as King Edward's face turned red, he closed his eyes feeling anger boil within him. She knew deep inside he must think she is a lunatic for asking him to return her to her family.

Edward smirks, sighing. "Very well. Let's just say, I return you." She saw how Lord Warwick had spat his name only for Edward to hush him in seconds."You'll return to your life as a princess alongside your traitorous family. What use will you be for them?" He asked, mischievously causing her to gulped, Edward is questioning her he must have a trick up his sleeve.  "I shall be valued as a princess. They'll marry me off."

"That's right." She watched as King Edward stood from his chair, smiling. She was confused, he is laughing at her. "I don't understand, your majesty?" Edward smirked. "Of course. You'll be presented upon the court as Lady Catherine of Lancaster. Your no longer a princess. You'll become my ward." When he said those words, she felt her whole world crashing down. This couldn't be it. She rather bleed a million times than become his ward. He shouldn't treat her this way "Edward there is no such thing for this!" Lord Warwick yelled causing Edward to chuckled. "Remember we still have a war to fight. It's not over. I shall present you to the court as my ward if things escalated from there. I will make you my queen."

Those words broke her chest, as she stared at him gaped in fear. She is a princess of noble blood; she cannot marry a York Prince. She is of Lancaster royal blood; she was born for a Prince of noble blood.  "Your majesty,'' she cried out only for the knight beside her to grab her by the wrist, roughly pulling her away. Her ladies followed her behind, weeping for their princess.

 Her ladies followed her behind, weeping for their princess

Made by katarasaber