CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN: BROKEN HEART,1461

SHE NEVER THOUGHT HER LIFE WOULD LEAD TO THIS. Duchess Cecily had made her wear a long brown dress her hair was cleared out free in twists. Cecily kept urging to be prepared for Thomas's arrival, she couldn't wait to see him. She didn't blame her, she couldn't wait either. She wore the ring that was given to her, to show to Thomas when he arrived. She had gone through her time within the courtyard waiting. Ever since her handmaiden's Rita and Arianna caught her that night with Edward; they denied leaving her alone, with the king always making excuses to remain with her. She rolls her eyes, continuing walking. "I find it disappointing that you simply were kissing the king of England then waiting for the brother to seem." She heard a voice called her out. "That's cheating," Marianne smile approaching her. Her stomach had been bigger. "My lady," Marianne curtsy, Catherine couldn't help to taken note of her large stomach. Marianne touched her stomach, grinning. "My husband says to me, he needs this one to be a boy. I want a girl, little girl." Marianne smiled causing her to smile in return.

"Do you ever think of children?" Marianne asked. Catherine couldn't understand the feeling of children, she had been a child, she still is a child. It couldn't cross her mind, yet.

"No."

"Then you should stop being alone with the King. You'll end with a child sooner than you think." Marianne smirked. Catherine widened her eyes, hurt by her response. Marianne laughs. "Next time be much quieter."

"It's none of your concern!" Catherine crossed her arms, she looked towards her side noticing her handmaiden's looks. One of them might have told her. Marianne sighed. "You'll come a day where you will regret it. Everything but just know it's going to be the best thing ever to happen to you. You'll be a fine woman, queen." She walked away leaving her gaped in fear.

Noises can be heard. Her mind rapidly turned to the upcoming horses that came through the courtyard. She could see Edward from the distance who waved to her, calmly. She returns a grin as she holds up to see Thomas. Horses come in, she observes as Cecily comes out with open arms. "Thomas! My precious boy." She talked, loudly. As it were to hear a tall man laugh so hard. She observed as Thomas came forward appearing himself in armor, with a long beard, his hair messier than normal. They embrace themselves in a hug. Thomas strolls over to his siblings, giving them a hug. Before long after, Thomas looks over to her, she smiles brightly only for him to look away continuing walking the other side.

Her smile faded. He walked past her like she was nothing. Soon after, Edward appeared next to her. "What's wrong with my brother and you?" He questioned. Catherine didn't understand. "I don't know, Edward. He refused to acknowledge me." Edward senses something is wrong with him. He noticed the glares that he was giving to him.

"I'll talk to him," Edward muttered, Catherine nodded as both of them watched as Thomas continued walking with his family.

○ ○ ○