CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

"When the stars start to hit, you could see it burn towards the sky," her voiced soothed her son

"When the stars start to hit, you could see it burn towards the sky," her voiced soothed her son. She sat in bed, with her eldest son. Arthur giggled, feeling his mother warmth. She carefully stroke her son hair, gently. "Mama, why does father have to leave?" With that, she felt her heart stopped. She had no idea who he was referring to. "You mean, Edward?" She softly asked.

"King Edward of England," he whispered laying his head on her lap, she took some breaths began to stroke his hair softly. "You're very keen on Edward."

"Yes. I am. He is my father, he's the best. He promise me, one day he'll make sure I'll be king." With that sentence, she turned to look at him, shocked. "Arthur, Edward shouldn't have said those things to you."

"He did. When we were leaving, he came to visit me, and Eliza. He says one day we'll be a family, he'll promise that we will be together as a family." With those last words, Catherine couldn't help to widened her eyes, clearly shocked by his comment.

"Arthur, you are prince in my eyes. And in Thomas eyes. He loves you," she whispered in her ear, smiling. With that, he giggled. "I guess so."

"He loves you," she admitted, softly. With that Arthur snuggled, trying to contain his laughter.
"Arthur, you must respect Thomas. Would you my precious boy?" She asked, softly. She began to stroke his hair, as he let out a laugh.

"Arthur!"

"Yes, mama." Arthur softly replied. She smiled seeing her little son, smile. He truly looked like the happiest kid ever. She was smiling in joy, seeing her little boy.

"I love you, my son. Never forget that. My precious son, you'll see the stars above you, in the slightest sky," she started to say, in soft tone.

It's been two months since, she had left Queen Elizabeth, her children. Thomas had sent a letter, that they stay in York Castle for now. They were making arrangements to stay in Pembroke Castle. She had received no letters from Edward. It's not like, she didn't care. She wished to know what he was doing. Edward is the father of her children. Her precious children, Arthur, Elizabeth, George, Margaret. Her precious children, she loved and care for, and to die for.

"Lady Catherine?" She closed the door, of her son room and directly faced Lady Alice. "What is it?"

"I'm sorry to bothered you. Elizabeth is refusing to sleep, she says she wants to see you, first." With that, she raised her eyebrows and quickly began to make her way to her daughter room. She walked in to find Elizabeth in bed, wide-awake.

"What is it?" She asked.

Elizabeth slowly got out of her bed, began to cover herself in sheets. "I can't sleep." With that last words, she quickly turned to Alice. "Give me some time with my daughter, I'll make sure she sleep. Go attend Margaret and Thomas, please."