CHAPTER TEN

CHAPTER TEN: TEMPER,1461

EVERY DAY, SHE WOULD FIND HERSELF WITH DUCHESS CECILY. It's been a couple of days since she has been feeling better. She spent her time with Cecily in the gardens. They both sat under clear shade refusing to get a sunburn. "How you been my dear?" Cecily asked, she watched her closely then noticed Luciana pouring tea into the teacup, ever since she woke up days ago everybody has been silent refusing to say a word of what occurred, she really doesn't remember since her head did suffer trauma. "Thank you," she spoke softly noticing how Luciana didn't thank her back or said anything just to turn around going back into her place.

"I've been quite well," she continued ignoring what just occurred.

"That's good, my sons were there to saved you,"

Cecily muttered leaving her to widen her eyes. She thought maybe there was a reason.
They didn't want her to leave because of how much power she holds over them, she is the daughter of King Henry. No matter she couldn't trust Cecily of York, yet. After she is the mother of the four sons of York's

Then she remembers Erick, Arianna, and Rita. Her loyal handmaiden's, her childhood friends, and Erick, a man she grew to view as her father's loyal advisor. They were gone, the only thing she managed to hear about them was that there were executed. "They didn't have to kill them," she told Cecily. That's when Luciana landed her eyes on her, "They were just obeying orders from their Queen," when she said those words immediately Cecily snapped at her.

"Queen? Whoever speaks that way is treason!"

Catherine began to wonder. "Really? I'm her daughter, I was born and raised as Lancaster and I never knew anything besides that the York's are the enemies. Now, I've been left behind by my family who is raising an army against the York's in order to get their throne back. Forgive me, Duchess Cecily, if you think I'm not acting rational, I've been forced to be here, remain with people I have not known my whole life, and develop feelings, I don't want to feel." When she said those, she immediately stood by leaving Cecily speechless.

"Forgive me, I must be going." That's when her eyes peered looking through Luciana who stared at her with widened eyes.

"Catherine?"

She turned around to see Cecily looking at her, warily.

"I know your love for my sons is strong and I know that you'll never leave if you want, too. Just know, if you stay you'll see that you'll be protected the most." When she said those words, she got up as her ladies ran towards her leaving Catherine shocked, Cecily knew about her feelings for her sons yet she doesn't know who she loves the most.

Does she love Edward? Or Thomas?

○ ○ ○