CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: A YORK PRINCE, 1463

CATHERINE LAID ON HER BED, SCREAMING. Her handmaidens gathered around her taking out items. Julie began to pushed Edward away, "Edward, I promise you, she'll be going to be okay." She responded, Edward slowly back away still thinking of Catherine.

"I'll be outside." He called out watching as Catherine screamed loudly clutching on the bed sheets. She closed her eyes and cried as another pain rushed through her, her bottom half naked to all in the large. Alice stood in the view.

"Push, Catherine!" Alice spoke. Julie held onto her hand wiping away the sweat that was pour from her head. "Please, Catherine. It's a future York prince." Catherine screamed, yelling in pain. This is what her cousin had endure when she saw her screaming through the doors.

"I see him, keep pushing."

Catherine grabbed Julie hand and screamed, "Get him out of me!" Julie chuckled and removed Catherine 's clutch from her arm, "Calm, Catherine, you must be calm. For a first birth, you are actually doing quite well. " She nodded and smiled as she wiped the sweat from her brow,

As an hour went by, Catherine was finally ready to push. Julie placed a piece of wood into Catherine mouth and whispered in her ears. "Bite down on this, Catherine, this will hurt." Catherine began to cry as the wood was place between her teeth and she closed her eyes before laying her head back. "Catherine, I need you to push now." She took in a few breaths and bit down on the wood, pushing her chin to her chest with her eyes closed as she growled. She thought about her mother. She must be miles away cursing her for giving birth to a York child. She thought about her beloved father, she closed her eyes, turning red.She heard a whisper in her mind, "You can do it, my beautiful daughter. Push, Catherine, put your strength into it."

Catherine's screams would echo through the castle that night as she pushed with all of her might, trying to give birth to their first born. It was nearly thirty minutes later when she gave a mighty scream and pushed the hardest she could. "I will die on this bed," She cried out, a fearful look on her face, the pain feeling unbearable to her since it was her first time giving birth. "Listen to me," Alice demanded, a stern look on her face, "You will not die. You will survive. You are strong. And your son will be too."

"Please let my son lived, not me. My boy deserves to lived," Catherine pleaded, shaking her head as tears streamed down her face, "Do not let him die." "Neither of you will die, Catherine,'' Julie sighed out, shaking her head. "You must push, my lady," The Alicia spoke up and Catherine immediately obeyed her. She heaved for breath, continuing to push but there seemed to be no change. "Harder, my lady. You need to put in more effort," They continued to insist, earning a frustrated look.

"He's here, my lady! I can see his head!" Alice exclaimed happily, "Push, my lady, push!" Catherine look weakly nodded, obeying the woman's order. She cried out loudly, wasting no time pushing harder than she had ever done before. Soon then, the child was born.