CHAPTER THIRTEEN

CHAPTER THIRTEEN: LOVE KEEN STING,1462

"IT'S ALWAYS TO DIFFICULT TO FIND THE PERFECT DRESS," Cecily commented. Catherine stood in her chambers, turning herself around trying on her new plain white dress for the upcoming wedding. "At least you should be thankful for this dress, it's widely beautiful, Thomas made sure it was brought from France." Cecily kept talking leaving Catherine to think of something else. It's June, and her wedding is close. Things have been different since then, Thomas had always remained by her side refusing to leave her with Edward alone, she didn't mind but she could see the hurt and regret, Edward would show whenever Thomas would take her away.

"Have the invitations been sent?" She asked, adding a soft tone.

Cecily sighed. "Yes, of course. Thomas made sure of it."

Catherine nods, still trying to turn around wanting to make sure the dress fits. Nonetheless, it still came to view that she is just months away from marrying a man she didn't love. Despite both of them being still young, she had to do it. It was God's will, she married Thomas and bore him a son.

"Has Edward spoken to you?" Cecily questioned leaving her emotionless.

She sighed turning around. "No,'' she paused. He has spoken to Thomas, wants us to live in court till he could grant us a castle." Cecily smiled delightedly. "How wonderful! I still keep my son with me. This is good news." She smiled at her in return. She really wanted to say that she doesn't love Thomas, she loves Edward, she was born to become queen. She could finally end this war and change her parents' minds to not rebel against her.

Cecily stood up, opening her arms. Catherine smiled softly, Cecily wrapped her arms around her, hugging her. Cecily then turned to look at her. "You'll be happy beside my son, Thomas, I assure you. Thomas would be a good husband to you." Cecily pulled for another hug. Catherine couldn't help to let herself groan, Thomas is young he soon will turn older and if her conscience is right, Thomas isn't any different from his brothers, and will soon grow tired of her.

"I'm happy, as well. To be a part of the family," she admitted, softly.

○ ○ ○

Few weeks had come by, Catherine had helped around. With her handmaidens right by her side, she decorated the garden, she had permission from Edward, with of course Thomas, approval. She spent her time in the garden, where she placed some tulips and roses. Her vision was to make it like home, how her mother decorated it.

"It seems like there isn't enough, roses." She spoke, softly.

"Lady Catherine, I'll get more." Julie, the youngest of her handmaidens spoke loudly, leaving. Catherine nods, as she begins to get up from the ground. "It seems like it was a hard day. Go on, get some drinks for yourself!"