01

it was a monday morning and will hesitantly walked through the double doors at the front entrance of hawkins high school.

he walked to his locker with his head down, hoping that people wouldn't see him so he could avoid being bullied.

"hey, will." max greeted.

"hi, max." will replied and grabbed a few books and notebooks out of his locker.

"you wouldn't believe what billy did last night." max said.

"what did he do this time?" will asked and closed her locker.

"well," max started as her and will walked down the hallway. "we were in the middle of having family dinner and he told my mom and step-dad that he wouldn't be home for dinner. so, we were in the middle of eating, and he walks in the door with a half naked girl he met at a party the night before!"

"what the hell? he's such an idiot!" will laughed.

"yeah, i know! i'm convinced he has a brain." max giggled and will giggled with her.

"so, how was your—."

"hey, what's up, asshole!" mike yelled from behind the two.

"go away, asshole!" max called back.

"what did you say to me, red?" mike asked.

max turned around and walked up to him. everyone turned there heads to look.

will stood there in silence, not wanting to get involved.

"i said, go away, asshole." max seethed.

she then turned on her heel and grabbed will's arm, dragging him down the hallway.

will turned his head slightly to look at mike. mike noticed and stared back. will got red and turned his head back around.

they had math class first. will hated math class and found it boring and not interesting. the only good thing about that class was that max, jane, and dustin were in that class.

will had almost all of his classes with max and jane, and only 2 with dustin.

max and will took their seats at the back, right next to each other.

"hey guys!" jane greeted at sat down on the opposite side of max.

"hi, jane." will replied.

"hey, jane." max blushed.

jane smiled to herself when she saw max blushing.

will had known that jane and max and liked each other for forever. he brought it up to them individually when he first had his suspicion, and both confirmed it, but were scared to death to tell each other.

they would always make will swear he wouldn't tell anyone about it, especially not each other.

max was bisexual and jane was pansexual. they both told him when they told him about liking the other girl.

will's sexuality was complicated. his friends, and pretty much everybody, knew he was gay or at least had a suspicion, but will wouldn't admit it. even will knew he was gay, but he just didn't want to admit it to himself.

"what's up, guys!" dustin ran inside of the classroom and took the seat on will's left side.

"hi, dustin. you were almost late. again." max commented.

"yeah, i know, i know. my mom needed help cleaning the litter box." dustin panted.

"ew!" jane exclaimed.

"again?" will cringed.

"yeah, but i washed my hands this time!" dustin whined.

the bell rang, signaling the start of class.

mrs. french started talking, but will completely zoned out, until he heard the door to the classroom open.

everyone looked over at the door to see mike standing there.

oh yeah, will forgot another one of the bad things about math class: mike wheeler.

word count: 586
hey y'all, it's the first chapter, i hope you like it!