031

will walked back and forth in front of mike's front door. he went to go ring the doorbell, but then stepped back, until the door swung open anyway.

"will?"

nancy was the one who opened the door.

"hi, nancy, is mike here?" will asked.

"oh, yeah, he's in the basement with lucas." nancy responded.

"what?"

"i said he's in the basement...with lucas."

"oh, i was just... never mind." will shook his head.

"i'll let him know you're here." nancy replied.

she walked over to the basement stairs, yelled down to her brother, then came back to the door.

"come in." nancy smiled.

as will, came in, nancy slipped out the door and closed it.

will sighed and walked towards the stairs. he slowly crept down them, nervously.

when he got down there, the two were sitting on the couch, talking.

"oh, hey will!" mike exclaimed.

he walked over to will and gave him a peck. for some reason mike tasted like strawberry chapstick, but mike didn't use strawberry chapstick.

"why do you taste like strawberry chapstick?" will asked.

"oh, um... i just started using them. my lips were getting really chapped and nancy told me that it's good for your lips." mike lied.

"oh, okay. hi lucas."

will gave lucas a wave and lucas gave him a small nod.

"hey, mike, can we talk? in private?" will asked.

"sure."

mike took will to the bathroom and they closed the door behind them.

"what's up?" mike asked.

"i didn't know you were talking to lucas again." will answered.

"i'm sorry i didn't tell you, i thought you'd be upset." mike replied.

"no, i'm not upset, i just didn't know that you guys were on good terms again."

"well, we are, but i'm glad we clarified things." mike leaned in to kiss will, but will stopped him.

"mike... are you questioning our relationship in any way and if so, does that make you want to cheat?" will whispered.

mike's heart started to beat faster. he knew will was onto him. he didn't know what to say.

"mike?"

mike closed his is and let out a breath. "will. i would never ever be questioning our relationship and even if i was, i would talk to you about it. i'd never cheat on you. i don't want to lose you. i took so long to answer because i didn't know why you would ask that."

"i only asked because you've been distant lately and you have been making up excuses as to why you can't hang out."

"that's only because lucas is struggling in his personal life right now, so he came to me asking for help and so i'm trying to be a good friend. the only reason i've been distant and lying about the family emergencies is because lucas wants to keep things private." mike explained.

"well you could've just said that." will folded his arms.

"yeah, well, i'm an idiot." mike rolled his eyes.

will let out a small laugh and kissed mike. they then went out of the bathroom and cuddled on the couch.

lucas watched from the other side of the couch and smirked, knowing that mike was going to fuck things up more sooner or later, and there was no stopping it.

word count: 545
imagine dating a cheater and a liar....