018

"will, honey, is that you?" joyce called as will closed the front door behind him.

"uh, yeah, mom, it's me. i went out with some friends after school." will lied.

"oh, how was it?" joyce entered the room.

"it was fun." will replied.

"oh good. i made some dinner when i got home a little while ago." joyce informed.

"thanks mom, but i'm not hungry. i ate with my friends when we were together." will told her.

"alright, honey. it's here if you change your mind." joyce smiled and kissed the top of will's head.

will smiled back. he went to go take a shower. he let the water hit him and closed his eyes. he thought about mike and in the forest.

"what do you think people will say?" will asked as he ate a cherry.

"i wasn't planning on telling anyone besides max and jane obviously. and maybe nancy. and your friend dustin." mike replied.

"oh, and holly." will smirked.

"why holly?" mike furrowed his eyebrows.

"because she was the one who said we would get together." will answered.

"no, she said that we should kiss." mike corrected.

"well, whatever. holly was right about us kissing before and now we're dating, so we should tell her." will said.

"ugh, fine, we can tell holly. and you can tell jonathan if you want." mike sighed and lied down.

"yay!" will cheered and lied down next to his boyfriend.

"the stars are pretty." mike commented.

"yeah, they are." will agreed.

mike looked over at will.

"you're pretty." mike mumbled.

"what?" will turned to look at mike.

"i said that you're pretty." mike spoke up.

"p...pretty?" will repeated.

"yeah. unless, you don't want to be called that. i just—."

will cut mike off by kissing him.

"i think you're pretty, too." will whispered and the two boys put their foreheads against each other.

will snapped his eyes open and finished his shower. when he got our, he dried off and put some clothes out, then stepped out into the living room where is mom was watching tv.

jonathan was sitting next to her, which meant he got home while will was in the shower.

"mom, jonathan? can we talk?" will walked towards them.

"sure, hon, come sit." joyce motioned for him.

she moved over so that he could sit on her left side, with jonathan still on her right side.

"what's up, bud?" jonathan asked.

"um...i have to tell you guys something..." will trailed off.

"okay." jonathan nodded.

"uh...jeez, i don't know how to say this." will muttered.

"it's okay, sweetie, you can tell us anything, i promise." joyce grabbed his hands.

"okay...well, i'm gay and i uh...i have a boyfriend." will admitted.

joyce and jonathan looked at each other, then gave will a hug.

"oh, i'm so proud of you, honey!" joyce exclaimed.

"we love you, will, no matter what." jonathan uttered.

"thank you guys." will cried.

he wiped the tears off of his face, and smiled, feeling glad that he was accepted for who he was.

word count: 512