03

"why do you keep staring at me?" mike asked.

"what are you talking about, mike?" will folded his arms.

"you keep acting gay and staring at me. it's weird." mike replied.

"you've got to be kidding me!" will exclaimed.

"what?" mike furrowed his eyebrows.

"staring at you? staring at you? why the hell would i ever stare at you! i hate you and you hate me, i don't want to stare at a person that i hate!" will shouted.

"then why did you keep looking at me in math class, huh?" mike asked.

"uh, maybe because you were late and the whole entire class was staring at you." will replied.

"no, i'm talking about after i sat down." mike clarified.

will didn't know what to say. his eyes darted around the hallway for a moment, until he had an answer.

"i was staring at you because you had a crumb on your face and it looked funny." will lied.

"ugh, you're a waste of my time. i'm going to tell you a couple of things. number one, if i had a crumb on my face then you should've told me, and two stop starting at me. i don't want you to try to turn me gay, got it? so stay out of my way!" mike ranted and walked away.

will exhaled, angrily and rushed to biology, barely making it before the bell rang.

"what did mike want?" max whispered.

"probably to be an asshole." jane muttered.

"well obviously, but what exactly did he say to you?" max asked.

"it's not that important." will shrugged.

"yeah it is, will. if he's being an asshole, we want to know!" jane whisper-shouted.

"i'll tell you guys during lunch, okay?" will sighed.

"fine." max murmured and finished filling out her worksheet.

jane watched max as she wrote down her answers. jane smiled softly when she saw that max's writing was messy and disorganized.

jane thought how max's writing was sort of similar to her personality. tough and chaotic, yet beautiful.

jane bit her lip and wrote max's name in her notebook, with little hearts around it.

will couldn't help but think about what mike had said and about how he couldn't believe mike bought his lie, considering it was a terrible lie.

will rested his head on his arms that were placed on his desk, wishing that he didn't find mike attractive, but at the same time, wishing that he could be his boyfriend one day.

word count: 422