027

will searched the halls for mike. it was after first period, which was math, so he would be going to his second period.

will walked down to the end of the hallway, where he found mike going towards his class.

"mike! mike!" will called.

mike ignored will and continued walking to his class.

"mike, please! it's important!" will tried again.

mike stopped before he got to class and turned around.

"what do you want, will?" mike asked.

"we need to talk. now."

meanwhile, max and tyler were in the principal's office.

"but sure, he—."

"no, don't believe anything—."

"you have to listen to me, he—."

max and tyler kept yelling over each other.

"enough!" principal coleman yelled. "you will go one at a time. one at a time!"

"fine." they grumbled.

"now, miss mayfield, what happened?"

"tyler thought it would be funny to take a picture of will and mike kissing, which was invading their privacy and basically outing them to the whole entire school. oh, and he also called them slurs and wrote slurs all over their lockers and put these pictures everywhere. he also constantly bullied them as well as other kids and got away with it. especially the kids who are either unpopular or younger than him, which is clearly wrong. i decided to go after him simply because i was defending my friends." max stated.

"good points, miss mayfield. mister adams, what do have to say?" principal coleman asked as he wrote some things down on a notepad.

"the only reason why i did it was because those two qu—boys were making out in the public bathroom which i thought was disgusting, so i thought i would take the situation into my own hands and take care of it the only way i saw fit," tyler repositioned the ice pack on his eye. "after max attacked me, i was pretty angry. she came after me like an angry person, which makes no sense why i am in trouble."

mr. coleman nodded and wrote a few things down. after a few minutes, he looked up at the two.

"okay, so i came to a conclusion. tyler you will have two months of suspension and max will only have three weeks."

"what!" tyler yelled.

max smirked to herself.

"you, mister adams have done many, many things like this before and this is one of your many strikes. after this suspension, if you don't get your act together before your graduation, i will have no choice to expel you."

max bit down on her lip and sunk in her chair. she looked at the ugly blonde haired boy with a smug look on her face.

"are you kidding me! what about her? she assaulted me!" tyler screamed and pointed at max.

"first off, maxine has a pretty clean record and she did not assault you, she was defending her friends." principal coleman replied.

"this is so fucking stupid!"

mr. coleman sighed and turned to max. "miss mayfield, i will have my vice contact your parents, but for now i will have you wait out there while i talk to tyler until you're parents pick you up.

"okay, thank you."

max stood up, gave tyler a dirty look, then went outside of the office.

the secretary got up and left to give something to one of the teachers in the classroom next door.

suddenly, jane walked up to the door and opened it.

"did you get in trouble?" jane asked and she snuck into the office.

"not as much as tyler did." max replied. "i only got three weeks of suspension. he got two months."

"really? wow! you were the one who punched him, not the other way around." jane reminded.

"oh well. that's because he was a fool in the past." max shrugged.

"well, i'm glad you're not in too much trouble." jane smiled softly.

"yeah, me too."

max then leaned in and kissed jane.

they heard principal coleman and tyler walking towards the door.

"i'll see you later." jane whispered.

she quickly kissed her on the head and ran out of the office.

max smiled as she watched her go.

"maxine," principal coleman opened the door. "your mother will be here soon."

"okay." max nodded.

mr. webber then made his way to the door with tyler following him out.

"why do you want to talk to me, will?" mike asked as will pulled him into the janitor's closet.

"i know everything." will blurted.

"what are you talking about?"

will sighed and explained everything that it was tyler and how max punched him and everything else that happened.

"so? what do you want me to do now?" mike asked.

"well, the situation was getting taken care of, so i thought that..." will trailed off.

"that we could fix things?" mike finished.

will nodded.

"i love you, will, i really really do, but if we get back together, there will still be homophobic people who will try to hurt us."

will grabbed mike's hands and looked into mike's eyes.

"mike, listen to me. i don't care how many homophobes there are. i don't care how many people there are who hate us or hate our love, all that matters is that i love you. i will always love you, mike. who gives a shit about those homophobes, all that matters is that we love each other."

"you're right." mike muttered.

will then stood on his tippy-toes and kissed mike. mike kissed back and wrapped his arms around will's neck.

the bell rang, interrupting their kissing.

"i think we're late to class." will pulled away.

"eh, we can afford to skip one class." mike replied.

"true."

they smiled and started kissing each other again, not caring that they were going to miss their class, they only cared about each other in that moment.

word count: 974
hi, i finally updated ✌🏻😗✌🏻