017

"jane! mike!" max called.

"hello!" will yelled.

"where the hell are they?" max asked.

"maybe you're right, maybe we are going to get murdered." will sighed.

"told you so." max mumbled.

"max? will?" jane yelled.

"there! there they are!" max pointed.

she grabbed will's arm and they ran over to the two.

"hi." will panted.

"hi." mike replied.

"here, let's leave them alone and go over here." jane whispered and pulled max away.

"why are we out here, mike?" will asked.

"there's something i have to show you. it's important." mike answered and brought will deeper into the forest.

"mike where are we...whoa..." will trailed off.

will looked around and saw lights strung on the trees and a tent set up underneath along with a picnic. will looked over and saw that jane and max's was similar.

"mike..." will trailed off.

"i know it's kind of...stupid and a little girly, but i thought it would be nice." mike shrugged.

"no, no, mike. i-it's nice. really, really nice." will stepped forward, in amazement.

"thanks." mike smiled softly.

will grabbed mike's hand and pulled him over to sit down on the picnic blanket.

"you brought strawberries dipped in chocolate!" will exclaimed as he pulled out things from the picnic basket.

"of course i did. i know you love them." mike smiled.

will took one and ate it.

"these are amazing? where did you get them?" will swallowed.

"luckily, my mom was making them when jane and i were setting this up, so i was able to get a bunch." mike explained.

"thank you." will whispered and kissed mike.

mike kissed will back, passionately.

"there's one more thing." mike broke the kiss.

"what is it?" will asked.

"well, here goes nothing. will byers, will you be my boyfriend?" mike asked.

"yes!" will cheered.

mike bit his lip and kissed will. for this first time in a long time, they were happy.

word count: 321
i feel like that date was kinda hetero but i did what i had to do.