016

about two hours later, will got a phone call at his house.

"hello, this is the byers residence." will answered.

"hi, this is nancy." nancy replied.

"oh, hi nancy. jonathan's at work, but i can take a message." will said.

"no, this is for you and max. mike said that there's a surprise for you and jane in the forest." nancy explained.

will looked over at max.

"what?" max mouthed.

will shrugged and turned away.

"so you're saying you want max and i to go into the woods alone be what apparently mike and jane are there?" will repeated to nancy.

"yeah, that's exactly what i'm saying." nancy confirmed.

"okay then, thanks nancy." will thanked.

"anytime. bye." nancy hung up.

"what was that about?" max asked.

"i guess jane and mike are in the woods and they have a surprise for us." will informed.

"that's creepy. what if they try to kill us or something?" max folded her arms.

"they're idiots, not psychopaths, max. and i should probably start saying forest because woods sounds creepy." will explained.

"are we really going to go?" max asked.

"i mean, i'm still mad at them, but i want to see the surprise." will sighed.

max rolled her eyes and stood up.

"fine, we'll go, but if we get murdered, it's your fault." max decided.

"yay!" will cheered and stood up.

will grabbed max's arms and pulled her outside. will got on his bike and max got on the back, and they rode to the forest.

word count: 252
i'm sorry if you read the next chapter and think the surprise is too hetero, but i tried my best. i'm not even hetero and idk what a hetero date is lmfao