Chapter twelve: Learning

Harry wiped his eyes with his sleeve quickly, trying to pull himself out of...whatever that had been.

"Who are you?" he asked, thank goodness his voice was steady.

The boys faces went from concerned to smiles.

"Well, you're forward aren't you?" said the one on the right.

"Allow us to introduce ourselves," said the other.

"Fred-"

"And George Weasley-"

"And you are?" they asked in unison.

"Harry." he answered, fearing that if he said 'Potter' he may burst into tears again.

"Nice to meet you Harry!" they said in perfect unison.

"Thanks..." he replied politely.

"So, are you gonna tell us why you were crying?" asked Fred.

Harry gulped and looked away. "It's...very complicated."

"We have time!" they said again in unison.

Harry felt very neverous."I don't think we do, I've got to get to class! Except I don't-"

"Know where it is?" asked George. Harry nodded. "What class is it?"

"Transfiguration."

"We'll take you." said George.

"Yes, but-"

"-only if you promise-"

"-to meet us-"

"-at lunchtime!" they said in unison.

For some reason, when the twins did...whatever they were doing by taking it in turns to say their sentences and saying things in perfect unison, made Harry feel strange. Not in a bad way, just a very, very different feeling. He didn't think it was sadness, or jealousy.

He never had that connection with Colin. Not even before That Night. Maybe it was because they weren't identical? Or maybe it was because-

"Well?" the Weasley twins pulled Harry out of his thoughts.

He sighed quietly. "Okay."

"Great, come on then."

Harry had to lightly jog to keep up with the twins. They seemed to notice, because they slowed down and let him catch up, which Harry was grateful for. They led him past groups of students waiting for class. Some smiled at Fred and George.

Others pointed at Harry and talked behind their hands to their friends.

"That's Colin Potter's twin!"

"I never even knew he existed!"

"Is it just me, or is that boy way better looking than Colin?"

Harry felt a little uncomfortable, which the twins seemed to take note of. They offered him smiles of support and even patted his back, that made him feel a bit more confident.

"Oi!" came a familiar voice.

"Did you hear something Fred?"

"No, I didn't George."

"Let's keep walking Harry!" they said cheerfully in unison.

"Fred! George! Wait, now!" called the voice, accompanied by pounding footsteps.

Both twins groaned dramatically, and turned around. "What?" they asked Percy the prefect together. Harry riddled out that he was their brother.

"Where are you two going?" asked Percy, suspiciously.