Chapter seventeen: Broomsticks and Photographs

Harry happily found himself settling into his classes well. And was very happy to find that James and Lily didn't bother him too much. 

Colin made a few remarks here and there, but Harry ignored him. 

One morning Harry was sat at lunch with Draco and Pansy when Theo and Blaise came over and sat down with angry huffs. 

"What's the matter?" asked Draco. 

"Oh nothing, Malfoy, everything's fine!" said Theo with a grin like everything was, but with a tone that suggested it was anything but. "I'm just raising an army against the Colin and his whole family! Except from Sirius, he's cool. I'm calling it the Aeternum Alliance! Anyone who'd like to join me in my quest, raise your hand!"

Pansy raised her hand. So did Draco. Blaise and Harry just laughed, raising a hand slightly. Harry looked at Blaise for an explanation.

"We were in one of the halls and Colin made a comment about a student who knows more about magic than he does, and Theo called Colin out on it. So Colin made a very rude remark about Theo's dead mother," Blaise began. 

"He never..." Harry gaped. 

"He did," Blaise nodded. "So Theo went mad and used Flipendo on him." 

"You did what?!" exclaimed Draco. 

Pansy and Harry stared open mouthed at Theo, who nodded, a small smirk on his face. 

"Yes, Draco, I used Flipendo. And I don't regret it. No one makes fun of my late Mother and gets away with it," Theo shrugged nonchalantly. "Especially Colin Potter." 

"It was amazing," grinned Blaise. "Until James Potter came and stuck his nose in. He was yelling a lot, not sure about what though. I wasn't really listening. And then that woman turned up and- ugh," Blaise rubbed his right temple, as if even the memory was stressing him out. "Long story short, Theo and I have detention for the next two weeks. Even though all I did was giggle with some of the other students."

Harry sighed. He hadn't had much communication with his estranged brother, apart from seeing him in class. He had taken his Mum's advice and did very well in class, without showing off. Colin struggled a lot with schoolwork. He tried to hide it, but it was painfully obvious. Why else would his father constantly be sat next to him in class explaining the work to him over and over again. Snape had even smugly pointed out that the writing in his homework was strangely different to his writing in class. 

"Never mind, at least it's only two weeks..." said Pansy. "Could have been worse." 

"Anyway, we have flying class today with Gryffindor, so let's just try and forget about my former family for one day, please," said Harry. 

Flying class had been the class Harry was looking forward to the most. He had been flying since he was five, and he loved it, but he was looking forward to being taught strategies and new moves. He was a little disappointed that first years weren't allowed to have their own broomsticks...or, at least, bring them to school. 

Harry had owned brooms since he was five. Nothing too fast or fashionable, just a broom that could fly. His Mum had always been supportive of him and his obsessions, but wasn't thrilled about flying. She was scared that he would get hurt. Which Harry was grateful for, it meant that she cared, but he was desperate to fly. And he hoped that by learning to fly properly then he may be able to persuade his Mum to get him a nimbus or a cleansweep for his twelfth birthday. 

So he was determined to make today a good day. Which would be much easier as neither Colin or Colin's parents would be there. 

 "Alright," said Blaise. "Hey Pansy, have you done your potions homework?"