HAPPY BIRTHDAY

I know this isn't an update, but this is important. My number one fan's birthday is today. And by number one fan, I mean my best friend in the entire world.

When I say this story would not exist without her, I mean it. She is the only reason I have gone as far as I have with this, and the reason I have the oc Alyssa. I dedicate all of Alyssa and Connor content to her. 

She is also a fantastic author, and she has a story published on this site. If you like Outer Banks, go check it out!

So, @ShortForEm , this is for you. You mean the world to me. Happy birthday! 

And now, a special Colyssa scene (They're together in this one-sorry it's not in the correct timeline) 

      Connor and Alyssa walked down the sidewalk hand in hand, searching for a place to eat. The two hadn't been able to decide where to go beforehand, but they knew it would be nice to get a break from Annalise and the others with a night out. 

      "How about there?" Connor pointed to a restaurant that seemed a bit elegant for what she was currently wearing.

      "Connor, that seems...boushie." She uttered the first word that came to her mind. The boy next to her chuckled.

       "It's my treat." She opened her mouth to protest, but he lifted his hand.

      "C'mon. We need this right now." He pleaded, and she sighed, knowing he was right. Alyssa slowly nodded, and he tugged her towards the restaurant. When she walked in, her eyes widened, absorbing the high-string chandeliers that shed light on white tablecloths and wooden chairs. A hostess greeted the two with a wide smile as Alyssa glanced uneasily around her. It reminded her too much of home. 

      "Alyssa." She snapped out of her haze at Connor's voice, and noticed the hostess was venturing into the diner. She apologized and followed the woman to a table near the wall. She sat down across from Connor, thanking the hostess before she left. Alyssa took the time to observe the nicely-dressed people around her.

      "Are you okay?" Walsh asked with slight concern.

      "I guess I feel a bit under dressed. My mother used to scold me as a child when I tried to pick out my own outfits for going to places like this." She explained with a frown, brushing nonexistent dirt off of her maroon sweater.

      "Are you kidding? You look beautiful." Her cheeks flushed, and her lips curled upwards.

      "Thanks." After that, a waiter came and asked the two about beverages. Connor took it upon himself to order a bottle of red wine, to which Alyssa perked up. Walsh noticed her reaction and smirked.

      "See? Like I said, we need this." He repeated, and she clasped her hands in front of her, bearing a grin on her face.

      "Yes, you're right." She then eyed the menu next to her, carefully plucking it off of the smooth tablecloth. She scanned through the list of expensive meals, memories crashing into her. Alyssa silently decided on what she would order when the waiter returned with a bottle in hand. 

      "Are we ready to order?" He asked casually, and Alyssa shared eye contact with Connor, questioning if he was indeed ready. The boy dipped his head, and the two placed their orders. When the server waltzed away, Connor looked at her with warm eyes.

      "So, I'd love to hear more about your childhood." She sighed nostalgically.

      "We didn't typically go to places like this," she waved her hand in the air, "but there were multiple occasions where we did. Celebrations, in particular. My brother hated it more than I did." She thought back to Henry, the young boy constantly voicing his protests as mother tried to force a suit on him.

      "Have you talked to your brother recently?" Connor inquired, and she scrunched her brows in reflection.

      "Uh, last week. He's been pretty busy at the hospital lately." He smiled in understanding, and the two conversed with each other, Alyssa's doubts fading to the back of her mind. At one point, the food had been delivered, and their conversation dwindled so they could eat. 

      "Thank you." She blurted out of nowhere, and Connor glanced at her with confused and startled eyes.

      "For what?"

      "For making me go here. It's been more fun than I thought it'd be." She confessed, flashing her teeth. Connor's expression mirrored hers, and he said,

      "I'm happy to hear that. I know that you've been doing so much for Annalise, so you out of everyone needed to relax." Her face flushed at the appraisal, and she waved her hand.

      "It's nothing." She dismissed, but the brunette boy shook his head.

      "It's not nothing. What you do his amazing." He complimented her whole-hardheartedly, and she had to duck her head to hide her blazing cheeks. 

      "Thank you." Alyssa whispered, wishing she were better at handling compliments. Soon enough, the waiter rolled around with the bill, and she instantly whipped out her wallet. 

      "Hey, what are you doing?" Connor questioned, and her brows furrowed.

      "Paying?" She responded, unsure of where his lack of awareness was coming from.

      "I got it." Alyssa didn't stop from pulling out her credit card, and she simply told him, 

      "You don't need to do that. Let me." Before Connor would protest further, she handed the lingering waiter the card. He quickly dashed off, and the boy before he slumped a little.

      "What was the point of me taking you out if you paid?" She smiled at his antics.

      "It's fine. I don't mind. Besides, you always pay for dinner." Alyssa ended that topic as the waiter returned with her card in hand. He gave it to her, voicing his goodbyes before leaving the couple alone.

      "So, where to now?" She asked, placing her belongings back where they were originally. 

      "Anywhere you want to go?" Connor refuted, and she bit her lip in thought.

      "If I'm being honest, I kinda wanna go home and just watch a movie or something." When she realized how dull she might have sounded, she attempted to recover by adding,

      "I mean, unless you wanted to go and—"

      "No, I'm glad you said that. One fancy place at a time, right?" Connor cut her off, and she heaved a sigh of relief.

      "Yeah, exactly." After a few more words, the couple left the restaurant and headed home. Alyssa leaned into Connor's side as his arm wrapped around her waist. She picked her head up to analyze his features, happiness bubbling inside of her after noticing the content smile on his face.

      "Thank you, again." She chirped, reaching up and pecking him on the cheek. He glanced at her for a second, his eyes filled with fervor.

      "And thank you for being the best girlfriend I could ask for." He replied, sincerity laced in his words. She bit her bottom lip, trying to contain a large beam from blooming.

      It was safe to say that night was one of the best nights of her life.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!