Chapter Seven-Part One

Karmen lowered the hands that were clasped over her mouth. Her mind was racing, and her eyes were glued on Sam's body. Wes carried a blood-stained Rebecca up the stairs, leaving the rest of them to reflect on what had happened. One thought repeated itself over and over in Karmen's head.

      Sam was dead. 
~~~~~
       Two Weeks Earlier

      At Annalise's house, Rebecca was explaining her side of the story about Lila, Griffin and her.

      "Griffin called me around midnight, asked if I had anything I could sell him. So I went to the frat house, and sold him some coke and molly. He invited me to hang out, so we started drinking, doing some lines." She told the group. "Griffin said he had some pot, so we went up to his room, smoke a bowl. Next thing I know, we're kissing. Um, we had just started, when Lila came in. Apparently I texted her, which I have no memory of." Rebecca claimed, and Karmen's brows furrowed in the slightest. 

      "I remember Lila yelling, hitting me. Griffin pulled her off. I tried to find her, to explain what happened and apologize but I couldn't." She said. "Until I got to the roof," Karmen's head tilted to the side. "Then I strangled her and stuffed her in a water tank." The blonde shared a confused glance with Alyssa at the confession. That was before Rebecca grinned.

      "Oh my gosh, you guys are so gullible." She giggled. Karmen rolled her eyes.

      "Rebecca, take this prep seriously or go to jail." Annalise deadpanned.

      "Isn't it kind of your job to make sure that doesn't happen?" Rebecca fired back. Professor Keating stepped closer to the girl.

      "You white-trash killer. You made Griffin strangle that girl on the roof, you liked watching her die. Because that's the kind of piece of garbage you are!" Annalise spat, and Karmen wasn't sure who to question more at that point. The two had a mini stare-down, before Keating went on,

      "That's what everyone in the world is going to say about you. You don't care, neither do I. I'm not the one who's going to be beaten, raped and violated in jail. That's on you." Karmen silently withdrew a sharp breath.

      "So what happened the night of Friday, August the twenty-ninth? Start from the beginning." She ordered. There was a pause, in which Annalise and Rebecca burned holes into each other.

      "Maybe we should take a break." Wes suggested, breaking the tension. 

      "Five minutes then we'll start." Professor Keating stated before walking away. Karmen stood and followed her peers out of the room.

      "And Romeo saves Juliet again." Connor mumbled.

      "It's kinda sweet." Laurel tried, and Karmen scrunched her face at that.

      "Yeah, it's inappropriate, and unprofessional, and crazy." Michaela drew out her last word.

      "I mean they gotta be doing the nasty by now, right?" Asher questioned from his chair. Karmen heard Alyssa quietly scoff, before the brunette left. "I can't picture the puppy that way." Millstone continued, and Karmen looked to Wes, who spoke lowly to Rebecca. Karmen ignored Asher and the rest of them, up until Michaela threatened a lawsuit for sexual harassment against the boy. After that, Frank rushed into the room, demanding,

      "Turn on the news."

      "What is it?" Bonnie asked. 

      "Sex is out of the bag." He responded, causing everyone to surround the television. Sure enough, the newscaster was reporting about Rebecca and Griffin's relations.