Chapter Nine-Part One

The drive to Annalise's was silent, up until Connor spat,

      "If one of these idiots touches my car I'm gonna run them over." Karmen held her tongue to refrain her from teasing. The car rolled forwards slowly, as a crowd of drunken college kids were crossing the street. She heard Wes scoff, and then he lowered his phone from his ear.

      "Still not picking up?" Alyssa asked.

      "Hey, how do you know she's at Annalise's? I mean maybe she got hungry, or went to score some drugs—" Wes interrupted Connor before he could finish his sentence. 

      "She went there." He stated firmly.

      "Look, Wes. All Connor means is that you keep saying that, and he was just suggesting otherwise." Karmen offered, and Walsh added,

      "Yeah, I mean, even if she's there, what does it matter? We have to study."

      "Sam killed Lila, okay!" Karmen's eyes widened. "That's why she's going over there. She's trying to prove it." Connor glanced at the backseat, but everybody was either too shocked or freaked out to speak.

      "Wait, you're serious? This isn't a joke?" Connor finally questioned after a few minutes of silence.

      "I don't care if you believe me. Just drive faster." Was Wes's reponse. That was when Connor began to laugh.

      "Are you hearing this?" Laurel leaned forward in her seat.

      "Why would Annalise defend Rebecca if she thought Sam was involved?"

      "Because I'd go to the police if she didn't." Wes said, and Connor chuckled again.

      "Oh! You blackmailed Annalise. The kid that was so scared that he almost crapped his pants on the first day of class, this is ridiculous!"

      "Connor, shut up. You think Sam killed Lila?" Laurel inquired Wes.

      "Yes." Karmen didn't know what to think. She'd been working in the same house as a murderer. 

      "Oh, this night just gets better and better." Connor wheezed.
~~~~~
      After a while of a quiet drive, Wes's phone went off. He picked up quickly.

      "Michaela?" Karmen's brows scrunched together. Why would Michaela call Wes? 

      "Woah, woah, wait. Michaela slow down. Who's fighting?" She shared concerned glances with both Laurel and Alyssa. There was a pause before Wes explained,

      "Sam killed Lila, and Rebecca's trying to prove it." Connor snorted.

      "I'd pay to see her face right now." Despite the situation, Karmen smirked.

      "Oh my god, that'd be perfect." She added, and then ignored the looks given to her. 

      "You can't leave her alone with him. Promise me." Wes pleaded, and there was another hiatus from the boy.

      "What's he doing?" Karmen's heart rate was picking up, although she had absolutely no idea what was going on. It just sounded bad. 

      "Michaela, talk to me!"

      "Connor, there, go." Alyssa whispered, pointing to the open space in the road. The car surged forward, and Karmen flinched when she heard a scream come from Wes's phone.

      "Michaela! Answer me!" Wes snapped.

      "Michaela!" 
~~~~~
      Soon enough Connor pulled over in front of Annalise's house. All of them immediately hopped out of the car and rushed into the house. Wes led the group up the stairs, and into the bedroom, where Michaela was begging Sam to stop pounding on the bathroom door.