Chapter Fifteen-Part One

The group had to defend their actions to Annalise, and they all spoke at once.

      "The cop could identify us." Connor said.

      "He caught her coming back from the sorority house super wet..." Laurel explained.

      "She duped us. Her original confession tape is true." Michaela ranted, and that was when the students began to bicker with one another. 

      "Shut up!" Karmen's jaw snapped shut, and everyone ceased their arguments. They all looked to their professor who had yelled. "Please, Wes. Make sense of this." Annalise requested in a calmer tone. A gap of silence spread across the room, until finally, Waitlist uttered,

      "Everything they're saying is true."

      "So you think Rebecca killed Lila?" Keating asked, and Wes slowly nodded.

      "Sam might have been innocent." Karmen waited with a heavy heart for Annalise to say something, or scream at them. That sentence made her life hell all in itself. We might have killed an innocent man. Instead, Professor Keating wordlessly entered the bathroom and slammed the door shut behind her. Karmen and Alyssa glanced at each other, and the two both flinched as a loud screech coming from Rebecca was released.
~~~~~
      Connor and Alyssa dragged a duct taped Rebecca towards a chair in Annalise's house. The two threw her into the seat, and Annalise stated,

      "We're going to try this again." She referred to the incident as Wes's apartment, where the group then had to re-cover her mouth and haul her into a car, where they would then drive to Keating's home. 

      "No one here is gonna hurt you." She claimed as she peeled the tape off Sutter's mouth. "I'm not gonna let that happen. But you have to behave. Otherwise...Frank?" Said man spoke up.

      "We stow you in the basement." He threatened. "You won't like it." A part of Karmen wondered how the man who sounded highly menacing was the same who helped her several times. 

      "I'll be good." Rebecca muttered.

      "Un-tape her hands too." Annalise ordered, causing immediate arguments from some of the students.

      "What?" Connor snapped.

      "No, she'll just run." Both Michaela and Laurel pointed out that similar fact.

      "We're not monsters!" Annalise shouted, and Karmen frowned. That's debatable. 

      "We don't tie people up and hold them captive against their will. Who have you all become?" Karmen ducked her head down as Annalise and Frank left the room. A few minutes later, Keating returned from her office.

      "Let's have the trial." She approached the group. "You've all convinced yourselves that we were wrong, that Sam didn't kill Lila, that we got Rebecca off for nothing." She looked at Rebecca.

      "And you feel unfairly persecuted, trapped. I don't blame you. So let's be fair to everyone and figure it out once and for all. Let's finally give Rebecca her day in court."

      A little later on, Bonnie arrived at the house, and then Annalise entered the living room holding a flashdrive.

      "This is a recording I made of Rebecca's psych evaluation with Sam." She explained.

      "You taped that?" Rebecca asked, to which Annalise responded,

      "With all the lies you've told, I'm glad I did. Watch it." She handed the device to Laurel. "Look for any discrepancies with what she said compared to police interviews. One hour. Then I want to hear each of your cases against the defendant."
~~~~~
      Connor talked about envy during his case. Karmen used evidence she found about how Rebecca already knew Lila was strangled before the police disclosed that information. Alyssa utilized the psych evaluation, finding out about Lila's phone and how Sutter had lied. Laurel talked about Rudy, the man living in Wes's apartment before Waitlist. And Michaela also spoke about something in the evaluation, but a different point than Alyssa's.