Don't think about it

"Oh, wow, Mrs Asano, this omelette is really amazing!" Karma was all smiles and praises at the breakfast table, sitting opposite Mitsuko while Gakushuu wouldn't stop glaring at him. "Thank you so much!"

Dad was sipping his coffee and looking at Karma like he was a demon who'd entered their home.

Mitsuko thought it was hilarious and couldn't stop smirking.

"Oh, thank you!" Mom smiled brightly, pouring him some orange juice. "Aren't you sweet?"

Gakushuu stabbed his toast with his fork. "Yeah, for a sadist."

"Gakushuu." Mom frowned, shooting him a chiding look. "Don't be rude to our guest."

Gakushuu glared. "But, mom, he—"

"Be nice," mom ordered sternly.

Karma's smile grew while her brother scowled.

"Fine..." Gakushuu muttered.

Mom smiled and placed her hands on his shoulders, kissing the top of his head. "That's my sweet, little man."

Karma nearly choked on his omelette when he tried to hold back a laugh.

Gakushuu's cheeks heated up, ducking his head to glower darkly at his plate.

Mom seemed oblivious and patted him on the head before walking back to the sink.

Mitsuko grinned, sipping her juice. "There was some fresh snow last night, you guys wanna build a snowman?"

"Yes," Karma said at the exact same time Gakushuu said, "no."

"I have work to do," Gakushuu argued.

Karma raised an eyebrow. "It's the winter break."

Her brother huffed. "And? I'm the student council president, there are a number of duties I'll need to complete before we enter the third term—especially with the entrance exams."

The red-head smirked. "Don't come in second place again."

"I'll murder you with this fork," Gakushuu hissed coldly, raising the fork warningly.

"What high school will you be attending, Akabane?" dad asked lightly, smiling politely as he drunk his coffee.

Karma's gaze lit up as the smile on his face bore teeth. "Oh, I'm staying on!"

Gakushuu stiffened. "What?"

Mitsuko smiled brightly, feeling a rush of excitement. "Really?"

"Yeah." Karma smiled at the Principal whose eyes had narrowed slightly.

"Oh, that will be nice!" Mom said cheerfully as she put away some dishes in the dishwasher.

Gakushuu glared at their mom briefly before directing it at Karma. "Are you being serious?"

"100%!" Karma replied with a smirk. "Unless you're worried I'll beat you again?"

Her brother's eyes narrowed. "Hardly." He scowled. "If you think one victory guarantees you top place in high school, then you're surely mistaken."

"Well, high school should be fun." Mitsuko smiled slyly. "It'll be fun beating you both."

"Oh, really?" Karma grinned. "That's bad luck, Asano. Mitsuko's gonna beat you for second place."

"I will murder you." Her brother sounded serious.

She smiled crookedly. "I'm just warning you, I won't be holding back come high school."