Chapter 34-Challenge

(Your POV)

"So...how is this supposed to help get me stronger?"

"It will, just trust me."

It was now the last day into the peerage's training, and I was in charge of training Rias in my own way, which was to play video games one second and fight in the next. Rias' weapon proficiencies were horrible, so I long gave up on teaching her swordsmanship or a breathing style. However, her skill with magic surpassed my own in terms of power, but I had more control over my magic than she did. With that said, I decided to focus a bit more on tactics, which takes place inside, since Rias' magic improved within the first three days. That led to me and Rias sitting on the couch, staring at the TV with my switch plugged in as Rias struggled to beat the level.

As of right now, Rias and I were inside with Rias playing Three Houses oh my switch, but with a twist. I made up a game called 'Challenge' for Joker to cast on all of us, the rules of which are simple: The person who gives the challenge is the challenger, while the person accepting the challenge is the taker. The taker and the challenger take turns doing the same action, and the two roles switch. The real fun begins with the challenger's demands, the challenger gives the taker a challenge of what to do or not do. If the taker fails, they have to do 1 thing the challenger wants them to do, and if the taker succeeds, then the challenger has to do the same but with what the taker wants.

For example, I told Rias to make sure none of her units dropped below half of their health, or she'll lose the round. Of course, I'm not doing anything drastic, usually I just tell her to try again or bring me a bag of chips from the kitchen. Of course, the reason I had Joker activated was to ensure the game is fair, since Joker also affects me as well.

"So (Y/N), this is who I remind you of?" Rias asked as she selected Edelgard with her controller.  "We look nothing alike."

"That's true, but you two also have so much in common." I began listing things off as Rias began listening intently. "You both rely on power over speed, have some form of red on you, and are incredibly ambitious."

After saying that, I suddenly got the feeling we were being watched, so I looked outside the window and saw nothing surprisingly. However, I did see (f/c) eyes peering back through the window at me, followed by a sudden message on my phone. I took out my phone to check the message ID to see it belonged to someone by the name of {Fallen Emperor} or something like that.

(On Phone)

{Fallen Emperor}: Hey, {King of Games}, what's the deal?"

You: What are you talking about! My name is (Y/N)?

{Fallen Emperor}: No crap, all of us are named (Y/N), that's why I developed nicknames for all of us.

You: I don't even know who you are?

{Fallen Emperor}: You haven't figured it out yet?

{Fallen Emperor}: Wait a minute, where's [Shiva] and [Watatsumi]? Why do you only have [Cernunnos]?

You: You mean [Cernunnosl]? It's my relic, and you didn't answer my question.

You: Who the hell are you and why are you here?

{Fallen Emperor}: You're one of the smartest versions of me, so I'm disappointed you haven't figured it out

{Fallen Emperor}: I'm a different part of the same person you were a part of.

You: Who and what are you talking about?