two [⭐️] adapting

Adrien's POV

Beep beep beep...

I roll over in my bed as I reach my hand out to turn off my alarm beeping on my phone. The morning light beams through my floor-to-ceiling windows and gently rests on my eyelids. I groan and scrunch my face up as I rub my eyes.

"Good morn' Plagg..." I grumble, still half asleep.

"Good morning to you too, Adrien!" An unfamiliar voice squeaks. "But I'm afraid I'm not Plagg!"

I smile as I slowly open my eyes. "Right. I forgot about that. My bad, Tikki."

The tiny red kwami does a flip in the air as she flies up close to my face. "It's no problem, really!"

I nod with a smile still resting on my lips. I slowly get out of my king sized bed and stretch, puffing out my chest and squeezing my eyes tightly. I release all of my tension and relax, heading towards my bathroom to start getting ready for the day.

"If you don't mind me asking," I begin, looking at myself in the mirror as I start brushing my hair, "what does milady do when she wakes up first thing in the morning?"

Tikki smiles. "Well, usually I have to wake her up, which is followed by a squeal and her dashing to get ready for school."

I choke on my toothpaste as I brush my teeth. "She's almost always late?!"

Tikki giggles.

"I can't believe it. And she has the nerve to tease me when I'm late for patrols..." I laugh.

"Anyways," Tikki continues, "after we both sprint to school, she always tries to slip back into her chair without the teacher knowing, yet every single time, the teacher catches her."

I roll my eyes as I spit into the sink. "I can't believe that! Ladybug, the super heroine of Paris, is almost always late for school? I'm sooo gonna tease her about that!"

Tikki gently smiles. "You really like her, don't you?"

I nod as I start to wash my face. "A lot."

I swear I could have heard Tikki mumble "the irony", but as soon as I asked what she said, she just shook it off.

I walk out of my bathroom and head to my closet, where I put on my daily clothes. I brush my hair to the side and continue getting ready, causally talking with Tikki on the side. We sometimes talk about school or super hero life, but the topic seems to always stick around Ladybug.

I slide my bag over my shoulders as I sigh longingly. "She's just so perfect, Tikki. Do you think she'll ever love me?"

Tikki stays silent, but with a huge smile on her face.

I give her a weird look. "Tikki?"

"Sorry, Adrien! I was just thinking, that's all. You should just tell her how you feel! I'm sure everything will work out!" She quickly chirps

I confidently nod, then start to head out of my room. I freeze right before I exit my bedroom, and point at my bag.

"Here, just stay in my bag right now!" I suggest. "Ignore the cheese crumbs, Plagg is the worst at keeping it clean."

Tikki nods and slips into my bag. I open my bedroom door and carefully walk down the marble staircase. My body guard greets me at the bottom and we walk to the car together. Once I slide into my spot and buckle up, I close the sound-proof window separating the driver from the rider, leaving me alone in the backseat so I can talk to Tikki.

"Do you think Ladybug goes to my school?" I wonder out loud, placing my chin in the palm of my hand and looking out the window.

"Even if she did, you know I couldn't tell you, Adrien," Tikki reminds me.