ten [⭐️] the cat does not like the ladybug

Adrien's POV

I watch as Marinette walks into the classroom, arm and arm with Alya. I smile and sigh a love-sick sigh, resting my head on the palm of my hand. She looks at me, and immediately rubs the back of her neck and giggles softly.

I notice she's wearing a long sleeve shirt, which is odd because it's almost summer. That can only mean one thing. The dark magic has grown so much that it's harder and harder to hide it.

I can relate. My hair is almost as messy as my Chat Noir hair, in my best effort to cover up the dark magic growing from the ladybug miraculous stuck to my ears. Concealer can only help so much (unless I just want to paint my whole face) .

"Hey, Mari!" I greet, waving her over.

She cheerfully smiles and skips over to where I'm sitting. She places her bags down and smiles with blush resting on her cheeks.

"W-What's up?" she bashfully asks, looking down towards her feet pointing inward.

"Do you want to sit by me?" I ask with a smile.

She immediately looks up and her eyes grow wide like a child's would. She stands on the tips of her toes and nods her head, and slides next to me. I smile gently and place my arm around her shoulders. She flinches and her face heats up, but she eventually leans into me.

"Oooh, look at the lovebugs," Alya teases, crossing her arms over her chest and smirking with her weight on one leg. "Are y'all dating, or what?"

I feel Marinette slightly jump. She twirls her hair around in her fingers and looks at me with big eyes, afraid of the answer. I smile reassuringly and ruffle her hair, then look at Alya.

"I-I don't know about that, Alya!" Marinette stutters frantically.

Alya's cheeky grin grows from ear to ear. She immediately whips her phone out and takes a picture. Marinette quickly grows embarrassed and scolds Alya.

She shrugs. "Well, tell me when y'all got an answer. But first, I gotta take a picture for the future children! This is my otp!"

"A-ALYA!" Marinette squeaks, her face flushing bright red.

I exploded in laughter. Marinette frantically looks at a smirking Alya and then back to me, then sighs from relief. She smiles, exhausted, and leans into me.

"Anyways Mari, how long are you going to go without your signature earrings?" She asks, tilting her head up and looking down on her friend.

I give her a weird look. "Um, does it matter?"

Alya frowns. "Never mind then. I'm just looking out for my friend."

Both Marinette and I look at each other with a confused look.

"What... just happened?" I ask Marinette, slightly concerned.

"I have no idea," Marinette tells me, looking at her best friend who's now walking away.

Now is the time, Adrien. You can't keep lying.

"Hey Mari?" I gently ask her, brushing her bangs behind her ears.

"Yeah?"

"Could you meet me after school today? There's something I want to talk to you about."

She looks at me with her big blue-bell eyes. "Why? Is there something wrong?"

I shake my head. "You'll see."

The class starts and students quickly file into their seats. Marinette sits back up and leans away from my grasp. I smile, knowing that she's probably blushing beyond belief. She quickly grabs her notebook out of her bag and starts scribbling down notes. I lean over and look in my bag to do the same.