eighteen [⭐️] the final battle

Hawkmoth's POV

"What's your plan now?" Heartbreaker asks me, leaning against the rubble that's holding the superheroes trapped.

I cross my arms and smirk. "Wait. Give them a minute or two, and they should be dead."

It wasn't hard figuring out that my son was Mister Bug. He started wearing earrings one day for his model shoots, and refused to take them off.

At first, I was in denial and refused to believe it, but the evidence soon became too much to ignore.

I tried to get the earrings from him in his sleep, but I quickly found out that they were fused to his ears. I was shocked to find out that my own dark magic was trapped and growing on him, but I couldn't help but evilly smile. I would eventually have the miraculous of creation in my hands.

Without even meaning to, I found out who Lady Noir was next. I would watch my son transform and jump out his window, then swing on his yo-yo to that Marinette girl's home. I sent Nathalie out to gather as much information as she could, and we quickly found out that she had the miraculous of destruction.

It was only a matter of time until my dark magic killed them both.

Lady Noir's POV

The world goes dark. The building that collapsed on us pins us to the ground, about a foot away from each other. Mister Bug's head is cut and blood oozes down, while scrapes cover my body and sting as dust settles in them.

"My... Lady..." I hear Mister Bug squeeze out, coughing up dust and dirt. "Are you okay?"

I can't even describe the pain I'm in anymore. Our argument we had was too dangerous. I should have realized that it was the voices in my head messing with me.

Now, all I know is that the dark magic has reached my heart, and the same goes for my partner. It's too late. It can't be stopped.

"Mister Bug, it's growing on me," I whisper, terrified with tears running down my face.

His bright green eyes look at my arm. Dark energy is seen through my skin, running through my veins, from my arm all the way down to my heart.

"I know, Lady Noir," He whispers to me, reaching out and holding my face. "This will be over soon my lady, I promise."

I look at him and start crying even more. The Ladybug miraculous has infected his face similar to mine. Dark magic flows through the veins in his face from his earrings. They shoot across his face all the way down to his heart, one even through his eye, which is now a glowing a bright green which is seen through the dark.

"Are we... are we really going to di-"

"Don't think about that!" Mister Bug interrupts me. "I-I don't know."

I hold him tightly and pull him close to me. "If this is the end, I... I want to tell you something."

"Are you sure?"

I nod, tears running down my cheeks.

"I... I have something to say too," he mumbles.

"On three, we both say it, okay?" I suggest, smiling through my fear.

He freezes, but then quietly nods.

"One..."

"Two..."

I take a deep breath, feeling my body burn from the dark magic flowing in me. I don't have much longer.

"...Three."